Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 25th, 2013 15:00

Shipping delay M18x-R2

i ordered an MX18 R2 on april 24 2013 and its still in production even though the estimated delivery time is May 27 (originally was told it would be delivered on May 12).  so I called Dell last week and now there telling me as late as June 4th is going on I spent 4k for the thing. maybe im just venting but this . I could bought the parts my self and built one by now.

May 25th, 2013 22:00

seems that all things alienware are suffering from delays

I have my own problems -> concerns over delays / where are the Alienware laptops?

sorry apparently you can't link on these forums so i'll just provide a transcript.

Posted by custonalienware

on 05-11-2013 10:58 PM

So far I ordered an Alienware m18x r2 from a 5star rated retailer on 21st of December last year, 5 months later and the retailer continues to inform me that dell haven’t shipped Alienware laptops to them. I’m not the only customer in this position as there are others who have suffered months of delays. 5 months with no sign of a product is a very worrying situation to say the least. so can someone help me with this?

Can dell inform customers to what’s happening with regards to models such as the m17x r4 and the m18x r2? Why are there delays which haven’t been explained? Considering the retailer I ordered from has received no communication from dell to why there are delays I’ve decided to post here and see if dell could answer these questions directly to a customer of the retailer. I did receive an email from Chris M which was very gratifying in it’s quick response, so I’m confident I won’t be left in the dark here but the response itself was brief, unclear and I didn’t understand as to what’s actually happening. Is there any chance of clarity on the situation and a chance at a due date for shipments of the laptops to American retail outlets?

I’m hopping answers here can relief customers stress that many thousands of dollars have been laid down and although after 5 months there’s still nothing to show for it, I’m hoping it won’t be necessary to cancel orders and miss out on owning such an amazing laptop.

{note retailers name omitted as I’m unsure of forum polices with regards to naming third parties etc}

thankyou for your time

Posted by DELL-Lorna M

replied on 05-13-2013 2:41 PM

Hi custonalienware,

Thanks for posting your comments and bringing your concerns to our attention. I sincerely regret any frustration or disappointment you may have been caused. Since you did not place an order directly through Dell, I am unable to view your order status.

Please contact me privately, by clicking on my name in blue, select the email Icon or Start a Conversation and provide the following information. I am happy to forward your concerns to customer service representatives supporting AU to look into this matter on your behalf.

Name:

Email Address:

Shipping Address:

Phone Number:

Order Number:

Name of Retailer:

Country of purchase:

Current country location:

Reason:

Thanks,

Lorna

So I emailed all details to one of the email addresses that the  DELL-Lorna M  link provided but so far no feedback, no answers as to why 6K has translated into 5 months of nothing. sorry I can't help but by no means are you alone, I know that me and another alienware laptop purchaser from the retail outlet which I purchased from are at the moment all in this months of delay with no explanation boat. I know it doesn't cheer you up but ordering directly from dell would seem to speed things up greatly, for us wanting optional extras {design skins and paint jobs etc} the wait would appear to be even longer still!

still awaiting feedback and will happily provide all my order details again if necessary.

83 Posts

May 26th, 2013 07:00

to the OP.... depends on original config.. I know the 680m's were in short supply and last I checked(week ago) the 7970's were also pulled not sure if returned yet.... so again configuration is key to delays.. mine was ordered in feb. recived 4 weeks later..  I recived my M18X R2 before dell site even said it had shipped..lol. as for custonalienware.. you ordered via 3rd party.... the delay again might be to shortage of parts BUT again you ordered via a 3rd party company, they can be  lieing to cover their  or just don't care, don't expect dell to help much since it wasn't bought direct.... learn from this and never get 3rd party  regardless of rating cause delays do happen..  maybe its the retailer not paying for it ,  5 months.. seems fishy to me :O  but again shortage of parts dell deals with direct purchases before 3rd party companies... I remember reading about that on these forums a few years ago :O

May 27th, 2013 00:00

thank you 89fordprobe that's more information than I've received from anyone regarding these laptops.

funny that you should say "dell deals with direct purchases before third party companies" as I can quote this...

Subject: Start a new thread...

Please start a NEW thread rather then replying to another users thread. To answer, we do not hold a reseller above any other customer. If they order 1000 Alienware laptops, they must wait just as long as you ordering 1 laptop. If there are parts on hold from the manufacturers, we simply cannot ship the product.

so hopefully someone will know whether xoticpc are in the good or bad books, I researched a lot of feedback about them from website to website, customer feedback and such and it was all very positive. They hold a five star customer service record and such things so I thought I would be safe. the irony is that the only bad reviews were from overseas people saying how bad the wire transfer method was which for me was the easiest smoothest part of the operation :D

having said that it's very disturbing that they say they receive no contact from dell as to why laptops are delayed, yet chris and you both say theres a parts issues, at least you guys have made a minimal effort to come up with what could possibly be the hold up. might just decide to cancel the order and demand a refund given another month of this whackyness, honestly a company well established like xoticpc why mess your rep by not ordering advertised goods, it's not like I ordered from a shop down the road! just look up the website if you don't know them and tell me these guys are not serious business regarding selling and customising computers for local {american} and international clientele. I just find it hard to believe these guys could be a scam.

http://www.xoticpc.com/

http://www.xoticpc.com/alienware-m18x-limited-availability-p-4614.html

limited availability... didn't know it meant hens teeth made of gold dust! XD.... o_O i'm taking this far too calmly...

May 30th, 2013 01:00

I ordered a m18x r2 on April 19th, and just got an email from Dell saying it is delayed (for a fifth time) until June 6th.  I have been in contact with customer support throughout and they have told me repeatedly that they have been expecting shipments for the 680m's but the shipments continue to be delayed.  For the first several weeks I was more than happy to be patient because, after all, if Alienware doesn't have a part, they can't build the pc.  However, does it really take months to get a shipment in?  And especially right now on the (near) eve of releasing the 780m's??  I would just cancel this order and wait until June 10th when the new line-ups are revealed and order a fresh m18x r3 (potentially), but then I'd probably end up waiting another two months...so I'm kinda stuck between the proverbial dual-layer platter so to speak.  Right now my plan is to allow this order to continue and use the laptop (if I ever get it) until E3 and see what comes out of Alienware and decide then about sending it back within my 30 days and ordering a new one.  Let me know if you guys hear anything new...

June 3rd, 2013 03:00

yeah the delays are getting silly but sillier still there's no real/official explanation cause this doesn't seem isolated to individual orders many of the latest complaints is delays. worse still is that these orders for older computers aren't being fulfilled so seriously with the eve of the new 2013 14 17 and 18 alienwares what been done about current orders? what of the horrendous backordering that's pilled up for the m14x m17x r4 and m18x r2's!? I do hope they're not going to stop building these {as they're just way better looking than the new ones} the situation seems ludicrous to release new stuff when theres still unfulfilled orders on the older gear. never mind alienware are built bad it's worse cause it sounds like they're hardly being built at all. doubt i'll ever see my order now with the new ones taking up priorities.

maybe alienware have taken the build quality complaints to heart and have solved the issue by not supplying laptops in the first place how can we look bad if they have no laptop to call faulty now! *insert genius meme here*

June 3rd, 2013 07:00

Hi everyone, seems like we have been having issues with the supplies in your orders, send us an e-mail to AWSocialMedia@dell.com and we'll check what's happening.

No Events found!