Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2014 12:00

System.exe Overheating processor

Hello, I have alienware 6412 and when I play games, my processor overheatings and locks on the 2.74ghz.

In one time t though, that this problem with ubuntu like 2nd oc, but I can see that system.exe | NT kernel and system loads my processor up to 30-40%. I never had thinks like this. What I need to do?

P.S. sorry for the bad English.

• 

2.7K Posts

October 24th, 2014 13:00

Hello Maximsms!

I’m not quite sure which revision of Alienware you own maybe you can check if the model is listed in the BIOS.

Now on regards to your issue I will recommend you to download a program like HWmonitor so you can check the processor temperature, if in effect is overheating you can try to clean the fans, but please let me know what temperatures the system is getting. 

5 Posts

October 25th, 2014 05:00

Thx for reply Milena. I have alienware 17 mid2013 and processor i7 4900 with gtx 780m and wahen I play games like battlefield 4, nfs rivals or World of tanks. My processor speed fall from 3.6 to 2.8 and I have tempureter from 85 c to 93 c. P.s this is only when I plag games when I make pcchekup everything is good. I'll try your program. P.S. I have warranty, maybe I can take it to the service?

• 

2.7K Posts

October 27th, 2014 10:00

You can try opening the bottom cover and clean the fans or if you live within US or Canada and I can help you sending an onsite technician to your house, otherwise you might need to contact the technical support site in your country so they can help you. 

No Events found!