Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2015 07:00

Trying to cancel an order because of excessive shipping delays.

I ordered an Alienware 18 back on September 10, with a delivery date of October 5. Last week the delivery date was moved forward over a month to November 6. Since this is a birthday gift for my son and his birthday is October 27, I have no other choice but to cancel the order and try to find something that will ship sooner.

Unfortunately, it seem canceling an order is nearly impossible. I have tried through the online chat and been told I need to make the request through the email system, since last Thursday I have sent five separate emails, every time I have just gotten an auto-response saying I would be contacted by a customer care representative within one business day. Then nothing...either nobody is reading them, or they are just ignoring them.

I'm not sure if this is just poor customer service or some "sale retention" technique hoping if they ignore me until the product ships I will go ahead and keep it. (I won't, I will refuse to sign for delivery and contact my credit company to reverse the charges).

So please cancel order #886601992 / customer #132496272, or refer this to someone who can. You might also consider revising your estimated ship dates as my experience and other comments on this message board demonstrate a 7-9 day ship date for Alienware computers as still stated on the order page (as of this morning) is laughable false as it is running more like 45-60 days. (and for the record my order wasn't a "custom" build, which might explain the delay, it was just the stock model Alienware 18 straight from the order screen.)

757 Posts

October 7th, 2015 08:00

Your email order confirmation should have the sales person or a customer service number. Call that number and get help. Otherwise buy your son a card with a note saying the computer is on its way. He wont mind waiting.
No Events found!