Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2016 16:00

Two Dead AW 18's

I have two dead alienware 18 laptops.  One has no power.  I've tried all sorts of tricks.  The power button doesn't even light up when the power adapter is plugged in.  The other machine has the dreaded 7 beeps of doom upon startup.  The power button lights up, but that's it.  Both have no signs of life.  I've tried battery removal, swapping, and drains with other machines with no luck. I've removed and reseated memory and tested with various amounts and locations.  

They have less than 10 hours of use and have lived in a metal laptop cabinet since being unboxed.  Another machine was repaired under warranty after the hard drive plug became loose.  Three of my fourteen machines have needed repair.  Two are already dead in under two years.  Thanks for your time. 

3 Posts

December 14th, 2016 11:00

Help? Anyone?

December 14th, 2016 12:00

I just made a post regarding my brand new Alienware 15R3 which lost power with your symptoms... no blue led ring on the power supply when plugged in, no response from anything... even a mild burning smell... notebook was less than 10 hours old as well... two weeks since purchase date...

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 14th, 2016 14:00

Sounds like you have tried all usual "user level" fixes. The problem is likely hardware inside the laptops. Especially, if you can't get them to BIOS-Post or run Diagnostics (outside of Windows).  

Sorry, but sounds like the machines need to be serviced by an experienced laptop computer technician.

3 Posts

December 27th, 2016 22:00

Thanks for the help.  I may explore that option depending on the expense.  

No Events found!