Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 14th, 2017 15:00

Unknown device &iphone not connectiong

Hi , Alienware 13 , 2015 model with touchscreen , win 10 pro .

problem one : other devices /unknown device exclamation mark . tried every dell driver I can find but still got the problem 

Issue two : cant connect iphone 5 or 5s . iphone screen just flashes , tries to connect but wont .

tried reinstalling itunes , changed cables ( works on other laptop so its not the cable or phone ) .

Ant help appreciated .

April 17th, 2017 13:00

Thanks ,

Apple iphone 4 , iphone 5 ,iphone 6 , iphone 6s : None of them work on Dell alienware but all work on a sony laptop , 2 x HP laptops all with windows 10 which were upgraded from windows 8 .

I did install chipset drivers from dell website , and are up to date ,is there a different set of chipset drivers i should use ?

I have carried out all of the instructions you posted but dont understand the direct X part , I downloaded them but all i have is a whole load of boxes from 2006 . Is dirext x not an older technology .

I,m not an expert but not a novice either and never came across anything like this since the old v90 dial up modem on windows 95 .

Unless i,m seriously missing something here this alienware is not going to allow any iphone to connect .

I need my iphone/s to work with a computer preferably my main computer like this and if it cant im looking for a refund .

Regards

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 17th, 2017 05:00

You are missing Chipset Drivers as well as INTEL RST Drivers and other Drivers.

I suspect that this system came with windows 8 and not 10. Latest version of Itunes must be installed After Chipset and After Old Itunes is removed and system restarted.   Also you cannot sync with more than 1 PC at a time and the Iphone must "Trust" the pc that you attach it to.

Iphones and Itunes are not Dell products and not supported here.

Intel(R) Quick Resume Technology  DELL R114862

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=7XC3W

ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABAFF&0

Dimension 5150C
Dimension 9150/XPS 400
XPS 200
XPS 400/Dimension 9150

Intel Viiv, v.QRT 1.0.0.1093, A01
The Intel(R) Quick Resume Technology Driver
(Intel(R) QRTD) software component provides
the Away mode capability for Intel(R) Viiv(TM)
technology systems.

Intel(R) Quick Resume Technology

This is now called INTEL AMT and VPRO
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/vpro-technology-general.html

http://ftp.us.dell.com/app/r114862.zip

April 17th, 2017 10:00

Hi , thank you for your email .

I have all the most up to date drivers installed now with no exclamation marks or missing drivers in device manager .

You are correct in that this was shipped with windows 8 and updated to win 10 pro .

I appreciate iphone and itunes are not supported by Dell .

I have uninstalled all instances of i tunes and made sure Dell alienware drivers are up to date . I reinstalled itunes but cant get any iphone to connect . It tries to connect on 2 USB ports but flashes intermittently .

If I could find the correct drivers I believe the iphone would work with this laptop .

Regards

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 17th, 2017 10:00

Repair Apple Software Update from the programs & features control panel, and then try again. 

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.   The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.  The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with third party software. Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed. You did not say you installed the CHIPSET Drivers.  
Since this came with windows 8 and not 10 there likely wont be 10 versions.

But you MUST INSTALL the 32 or 64 bit version based on which you have.

And you MUST INSTALL Directx June 2010

Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center 

And you MUST ENABLE Legacy Direct play in control panel, all control panel items,  programs and features, Turn windows features on and off.  You have to be ONLINE when you do this because it will insist on downloading from the internet.

ADD LEGACY

DOWNLOADED FROM APPLE NOT MALWARE SITES.

You did not say what version ipod ipad iphone you have or which IOS version.

Newer versions DO NOT SUPPORT older devices.

Download iTunes 12.4.3 for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) 

If you haven’t already, try using the recommended installer first.

Current version is 12.6.0  64 bit for windows

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

I recommend using the steps in the following article:

If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 17th, 2017 15:00

Be sure to use a "genuine Apple" Lightning cable for now (no clones).

Try a USB-2.0 port if you have one. If not, USB 3.0 ... not USB 3.1 or charging-capable port (again, for now).

I have noticed that sometimes my iPhone-5s is not detected on my Aurora with Windows-10/64bit Pro. I just disconnected it, wait a few seconds, and then try again (and it works).

IIRC, there is a limit on how many computers can be Trusted or Authorized ... but I'm not sure if that would keep it from being initially detected or not. Anyway, you might want to check that you have one available. 

April 22nd, 2017 00:00

Unknown device in other device error solved and backed up drivers .

Apple iphone not connecting unsolved but by using a genuine apple cable the iphone is connected to laptop but drops off intermittently and  still unable to install drivers .( previously with a clone cable the device flashed on and off and wouldn't show up anywhere whereas at least it,s now showing up ) so I think I am almost there . I tried to install

I tried to install MTP USB , is this the correct device ?

Thank you 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 22nd, 2017 10:00

Yes, sounds like you are getting closer. Right, genuine Apple cable works better because there is a tiny magic Apple chip inside.

I've never seen that, but according to this, looks like you are almost there. I think MTP-USB means it's detected but not quite the right driver yet.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3371288?start=0

No Events found!