Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2015 17:00

Worst Experience Ever.

Dell messed up my order TWICE so I had to cancel my order TWICE. I figured third time's a charm right?...Wrong...I knew something was wrong when my package came way too quickly. Open up the box and they sent the wrong Power Cord....whatever, I thought. I can buy another one. I spent $1500+ so what's 5 bucks right? Finally get things hooked up, and great, now I need an HDMI wire...Well ***, there goes another 20 something bucks...But I could always use that right? Okay, computer is set up. Download my game....and, it's lagging...and there are pixels flickering around the screen. I do a little searching and realize they did not attach an Nvidia GTX 960, but a cheap Intel card instead.  At this point I wanted to throw the computer out the window. But I figured, hey, let me just return it...so here I am...on the phone with Customer Support...I've only been listening to this stupid song for  57 mins and 13 secs...for the 3rd time. I will never go with Dell ever again; not even to buy a *** mouse pad!!! I'll make sure I spread the word to everyone I know and then some.

202 Posts

October 21st, 2015 02:00

maybe they shipped you the wrong pc to start with?

my alienware 17 r3 is great! except the Intel Graphics Windows (8) (it says that when it crashes after it says it has been fixed in Windows 10 and the laptop I ordered has Windows 10 since day one which was Monday this week) has crashed a lot.. maybe the drivers are in the infancy stage.. I uninstalled the intel drivers completey and installed newer ones so maybe it won't crash anymore

the drivers it came w/ said Windows 10 Preview for some reason in information but the latest one w/ just an update say 10 but now I clean installed it

also I was on live chat and the phone w/ dell a lot for some issues and questions before and after the order and they resolve it all!! if you just talk to Dell they will help you than you trying to figure it out and think you are on your own

327 Posts

October 21st, 2015 23:00

lol jesus christ !! each intel processor have a integrated HD graphics to reduce the power consumption and when is necessary it use the Nvidia graphics card. maybe you dont have the nvidia driver installed, you can go to Dell.com and enter to support menu and find the driver for the gtx 960 searching your model or using the service tag of the notebook.

if this is not the case. make right clic on the applicartion do you want to run with nvidia graphics and select: run with nvidia graphic processor.

tell me if it work

19 Posts

October 23rd, 2015 07:00

At least you have got your computer, I have had to reorder my computer (Alienware 18 gaming) twice and now they want me to reorder it again.

327 Posts

October 23rd, 2015 10:00

lol you dont know if a new model is going to come ? just wait a little i cant remember, but somewhere i read about an especial edition of the AW18 with 6th gereneration intel core. 

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2015 14:00

I thought the 18 was being discontinued once they sold out of them?  

2 Posts

October 24th, 2015 00:00

5 stars for trying to help. 0 cause it didn't work. Still sending it back. Thanks a million.

No Events found!