Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2016 05:00

X51 R1 display and power help

The hard drive on my x51 recently failed, so I installed a new one. After taking everything apart, installing it, and putting the computer back together, I booted windows from the recovery disk and did a fresh install. Windows then booted up and I installed a number of drivers, and I called it a day and shut it down.

When I went to boot it back up, it now does not output to the same HDMI output nor does it seem to provide power to the keyboard or mouse (no lights from the LEDs on them). I don't get any beeps from the mother board, all fans turn on and remain on, memory stick swapping doesn't fix it, and neither does turning off the computer and holding the power off to drain it after disconnecting the power cord. Any thoughts?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 25th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

Try connecting the monitor to the integrated video card (HDMI at the top half of the system).

3 Posts

July 25th, 2016 11:00

Thanks for your response! I already tried both the top and bottom HDMI ports and I get the same result.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 26th, 2016 14:00

1.Reset the CMOS battery:

* Remove the power cord from the rear of the X51-R1

* Remove the Computer Cover and the Riser Card Assembly

* Locate the coin cell battery (yellow and coin-shaped) and reset the cable that connects it to the motherboard.

2. Then perform a power drain. Unplug the cable from the power and hold the power button for around a minute. Plug everything back and try again.

You can also try a video card reset and memory reset.

Let me know how it goes!

3 Posts

July 27th, 2016 08:00

Did your suggested steps above but no luck. Instead, I tried clearing the CMOS jumper (en.community.dell.com/.../19524137), and success!

No Events found!