Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2012 03:00

X51 - supplied wireless adapter not as ordered

I'd like to complain that the supplied wireless card in my X51 is not as per my order.

On the website (Belgium) and my various order confirmations is clearly states:

• Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless LAN

The card I have in my machine does not support "A" and therefore cannot connect to my or any other 5Ghz network.

How do I get the card replaced? I'm happy to perform the swap myself if that's allowed.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 17th, 2012 09:00

My apologies, we do not offer an internal wireless card that supports "A". The website and thus the order confirmation is incorrect. The Alienware X51 system is offered with half-height mini-cards only. The following WLAN cards are offered on this system:
D006W DW1502 802.11 b/g/n (Foxconn, Atheros)
V91N8 DW1503 802.11 b/g/n (Wistron, Broadcom)

So your choices are to get Dell Belgium to freely send you a USB external wireless device that supports "A" or return the X51 for credit and purchase a different Alienware model.

1 Message

August 3rd, 2012 21:00

hi, i have a alienware x51 and i'm having a problem with the wireless, it always disconnect from my router, can we change the wireless?? or we can only buy the usb wireless?? cuz the wireless really stink.

245 Posts

August 4th, 2012 14:00

call support they can arrange to have your X51 wireless antennas replaced and rerouted by an on-site tech to improve your performance.

No Events found!