Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2016 18:00

alienware 13 R3 noise

new bought Alienware 13 R3 makes noise when playing music, watching movies, or playing games, sometimes when opening applications or new tab in a browser, this disappears when the laptop is muted.

except for those noise from speaker, it makes noise with a rhythm, this noise is not coming from the speaker, and I don't think it's the fan...

here are some videos, you might wanna put on a headphone or turn up the volume to hear it. ignore the white noise and mouse clicks please.

in the video below, note 00:09 and 00:19, it is clearer. 

in the video below, note 00:20

turn down the volume for the next one. played some music and movie, note 00:34, 00:41, 02:05...these are the obvious points. 

update:

got a clear shot when I put my phone on the keyboard.

thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 14th, 2016 07:00

I spoke to the Alienware team. They are also not sure what is causing that noise. You need to contact Technical Support for your country. Explain the issue. Have them setup a Return To Depot repair service. They will send you a box and airbill to place on the box. Be sure to leave a note on the laptop explaining the issue so that the Depot can try to replicate and fix it.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 12th, 2016 07:00

It would be helpful to us if you could post a video with audio so that we can hear the issue.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 12th, 2016 10:00

I am using my Sound Blaster headphones at high volume. All I hear is the music and your mouse clicks? I do not hear anything abnormal. Can you start the song, then not click on anything?

4 Posts

December 12th, 2016 11:00

Thank you so much for helping, Did you get the noise in first 3 videos? note in the 4th video, around 34 second, right after the mouse click sound, there is another sound.

just uploaded  another one, played some music, only touch pad used in this one.

https://youtu.be/mqiGfvmkN_o

thank you.

4 Posts

December 12th, 2016 12:00

https://youtu.be/VL0f2629wCc

played a movie in this one and didn't touch anything.

4 Posts

December 15th, 2016 09:00

Alright, will do, thank you so much for helping, I do appreciate.

No Events found!