Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2013 09:00

alienware leds under the screen always off

Hi

I just bought a new alienware mx 14 and i have noticed that the alienware letters just under the screen are not on and I cannot change the color for them can you help please?

Chris

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

March 22nd, 2013 10:00

Hi Chris,

Follow below steps which can resolve the issue:

• Check at the system tray if the “Go dark” option has been selected previously. (Go to the system tray and at the “show hidden icons” button, right-click the alien head and check if you have available the “Go light” option, if so then you have selected to have all the lights to go dark in the past) When you choose to “Go dark”, a notification will appear and the lights will go off.
  • If you have the “Go light” option available, select it to restore all the lights back to the default theme.
  • If still the system shows no lights after this continue with next step.
  • Drain the MB power (Turn off computer, remove AC Adapter and Battery, press and hold the power button down for about 20 seconds - the computer is not expected to turn on, reconnect the AC Adapter and Battery).

Update BIOS to latest version from the following link:

http://dell.to/13zDaCI

• During BIOS update verify that the computer is connected to an AC Adapter.
  • Disconnect any third party peripherals connected to the computer before performing BIOS update. 
  • Do not turn off the computer during the BIOS update.
  • Do not restart the computer during the BIOS update.

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working wall jack before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

Now Create a new AlienFX theme:

• Open the AlienFX Editor in Command Center:
  • Access the Theme tab in the upper left corner of the AlienFX Editor and choose the New Theme Option to create a new theme:
  • Save the new theme at the location and name of your preference by selecting the Save Theme option.

Reinstall the latest Alienware Command Center from the following link:

http://dell.to/16NvJYz

If needed, create a new AlienFX theme again. For more refer below video:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXKvdJDh_1U&feature=plcp&list=PL6813CF4FEF48EDBC]

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

March 22nd, 2013 11:00

Done but still no luck i think this is faulty and i need to get it back to service center THE 2ND DAY THAT i OWN IT :(

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

March 26th, 2013 17:00

Hi Chris,

Let me know your location/place you reside, so that I can take the case forward.

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

March 26th, 2013 20:00

Hi

Thanks for your interest but luckily our local supplier in Malta (intercomp) replaced my  Alienware m14x in less then 24hrs after they received my complain.

Chris

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

March 27th, 2013 17:00

Hi Chris,

Glad to know that you have got a system exchange.

Should you require any further assistance, kindly private message me.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!