Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2012 00:00

alienware m14x blue screen problem

two days ago i was playing battlefield 3,i usually have my computer connected to the AC adapter . while i was playing that game my computer stop detecting the AC adapter and and it was using only the battery. I check the power cord  i even connect my computer in another place in my house but the computer was just using the battery. the next day i turn on the computer and  i log in  and i get to the main screen and after 3 or 6 seconds a blue screen came and my computer shut down i try to turn my computer but now nothing happens i really need help please. 

2 Posts

March 26th, 2012 01:00

I have same problem. Just happened 2 days ago as well. Firstly, it became blue screen in process of logging into Windows. So I did clean reinstall the windows 7. The problem still exists. It became blue screen once I open the IE broswer. I have called Dell. They did remote check and bios hardware check. But no problem found. Now I want to return this m14x. I brought it only for 2 month. Not reliable.

2 Posts

March 26th, 2012 01:00

After blue screen, the Geforce graphic card always disappear in Device Manager.

March 29th, 2012 18:00

Hello, #Iwork4AW. This is the best way to fix the issue: http://dell.to/H24Zdr or this one: http://dell.to/H2aoAO if it is a different issue.
The New Bios and Nvidia Driver we released should take care of that. If after this, the problems seem to continue; please send us an email to AWCC-Resolution_Experts@dell.com with the service tag and contact information so we can get a solution. Thank you

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 22nd, 2012 19:00

alif,

What video card driver are you using?

5 Posts

July 22nd, 2012 19:00

I just have same problem , i just got my Alienware m14x R2 for a month and im playing battlefield3 . Everytime i turn on the computer take about 30 minute before its stop and the blue screen startup . I really need solution

1 Message

July 24th, 2012 04:00

Hi Guys,

I am having the same issue with my M14x R1, I have had it for just under a year so hopefully warrenty will cover it.

I have tried everything other than re-installing windows, I will try this tonight and report back. I bought the system from someone on the forums and never received the windows boot disk and Stupidly I did not set a restore point.. Is there anyway to reinstall from a usb boot drive? could someone point me in the right direction to get this please? I have an 8gb usb stick but not sure where to get the windows installer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this machine working for the other half so I can have my X51 back from her! haha

3 Posts

July 24th, 2012 04:00

adont kwo why this happen but i remenber that they replace my motherboar and my HHD, even after that the computer was not working well and after many times of contacting them they replace my m14x r1 for a m17x r3 so now i'm ok

5 Posts

July 24th, 2012 05:00

R they replace it for free ?

5 Posts

July 24th, 2012 05:00

Im using Nvidia GTX 650M 2 GB 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 24th, 2012 10:00

alif,

But which driver? Ours or the retail?

3 Posts

July 25th, 2012 05:00

yes  i did not pay for it.

4 Posts

August 1st, 2012 05:00

Please tell me how you got them to replace with a upgrade I have had my M14x 10months and I hate it.  Problem withe my monitor hing replaced it with another hing and monitor that had a defective microphone. Then I get I back after six weeks and then the sub-woofer goes out, and now its in RMA. Cause I got blue screen witch lead to a unbootable computer. Bios then black screen with OS disk in or not. This is by far the worse experence I have ever had with any computer.

5 Posts

August 1st, 2012 22:00

it's standard setting from the Alienware i never change anything inside since i bought it . now im using my Old ASUS ROG because when i use my Alienware start to gettin annoying when im in the middke of something and the blue screen came out .

5 Posts

August 1st, 2012 22:00

the driver should be Alienware issued because i never change any drivers inside . its all already installed since i bought it

No Events found!