8 Krypton

anyone know what this system error means?

it shows VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE.(nvlddmkm.sys)
it comes up when i playing games and need restart the pc  anyone know how to fix it? 
my system is win8 64bit

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: anyone know what this system error means?

Hello Tsurara!

Is that error a blue screen or is a pop up?

You can start by run a PSA diagnostic, this will let us know if there is a hardware issue.

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

i'v tried it and the fist test shows ok but second one stucked in the middle. this problem happened yesterday, and poped up every time im playing

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

when i doing the throught test. it stucked at 97% of hard driver 0-0-0 long test for like 2 hours

0 Kudos

So there are a couple of thing that you could do.

you can start by doing a clean boot following this steps

• Click on "Start" when your Windows  loads.
  • Type "msconfig" on the search bar and hit "Enter".
  • Go to the "Startup" tab and disable all the applications listed.
  • Then go to the "Services" tab and check mark the "Hide all Microsoft Service".
  • Click on "Disable all Services".
  • Click on Apply and restart the computer
Then you can run a PC diagnostic and if the issue persist you could try uninstalling and re installing the video card driver following the steps on this article.

Alienware-Milena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

is there a problem if  it says that

system type                                                                                        result

blue screen                                                                                        × warning

troubleshouting

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

this problem still happened...

0 Kudos

Hello Tsurara!

Have you check on the video card temperatures? You can follow the steps on this article to make sure is not overheating.

And as the last recommendation you can reinstall windows.

Alienware-Milena
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

yes i did all the things are normal. i'll gonna change the system into win7 tonight to see if its working

0 Kudos

ok let us know how it goes.

Alienware-Milena
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos