Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2017 08:00

how do i do the OS Pre - Install that supportAssist is not able to do or that is failing to do?

- My supportAssist Drivers and Downloads selected these downloads for my system and when i click the install selected all files are unzipped but only the Chipset - Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility. v.9.1111019. A03 says installed and the Serial ATA - Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver v.9.5.0.1037, fails so how do i do the OS Pre - Install that supportAssist is not able to do or that is failing to do? I have a Alien 51 desk top running windows 7 service pack 1 64 bit would someone please be kind enough to walk me through this?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 16th, 2017 10:00

Sounds like you have an Area51-R1 (since it's running Windows7-64bit).

Since SupportAssist facility is much newer that your machine (and was not around anywhere near this model's release time-frame) it might not work so well to help you update drivers (for Dell posted validated ones) for an Area51-R1. 

If machine is working, I would not be messing with your drivers.

If you are trying to "build-up machine" from a clean Win-7 install, I used to do it this way:

https://community.dell.com/thread/21205

If you are on some other "mission" ... please state your objective and we will try to help you get there.

No Events found!