Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2012 16:00

m11x Overheating issue

I have an R2 m11x and today while attempting to play Civilization 5, the game would continuously freeze and quit on me. I updated my drivers and tried to play the game, which ran much smoother and looked to be working fine, but after 15-20 minutes, instead of freezing, my laptop immediately shuts off. It's happened three times in a row now. I've never had this issue with any other game, or have this happen any other time. Any suggestions or comments?

835 Posts

June 20th, 2012 14:00

Hello Kawz,

There's a couple of things that you can try in order to fix the crashes, first of all, follow the steps on this article to uninstall and update the graphics card driver properly; since your graphics card runs with the Nvidia Optimus Technology, the process of updating the drivers might be a little different. You can try the driver from the dell website (recommended) or the one on the nvidia website (if the one on the nvidia website doesn't work, go back to the dell one). 

Make sure you set up the game to run with the proper graphics settings, here's an article that explains how to set up a profile for each game with the Nvidia Optimus Technology. 

Now, if you think the system is overheating, here's a few recommendations from our support site that will help you. 

If you continue to have issues after trying this, send us an e-mail to AWsocialmedia@dell.com with your name and details and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

No Events found!