Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2012 04:00

x51 GPU & sound problems

I got my x51 a day ago and after setting it up all seemed fine untill i started playing microsoft flight i had the settings on high and when trying to play it wasint havint it and was running really bad, so i looked online and saw that it was prob not using the gtx 660 but using the intergrated and saw that using the HDMI on the gtx 660 should solve that so i did a restart and hooked the hdmi into the gtx and bootd up and this is where the problems started the windows start up sound was all muffeld and messed up and the mouse was really laggy so i went to shut down but then everything froze,

after doing a hard reset it booted up ok but still with the messed up sound but this time i couldint get past the windows loading icon it kept freezing so im really worrying now that it maybe my gpu thats messed up i started the pc up this moring witht the hdmi in the intregrated port and it started up fine but i cant play games

32 Posts

September 8th, 2012 07:00

Hi mate i have similar problems my thread is here

en.community.dell.com/.../19465337.aspx

still no fix for mine yet, dunno what is best to do here, i am using the DVI > VGA adapter that came with mine to hook up my 27" LG FLATRON

have you only used the hdmi ports?

September 8th, 2012 08:00

shinobi61  on yours you said something about noise is it like a faint knocking noise becouse i seem tobe getting that now and havint noticed it before

32 Posts

yea i get a wierd fan noise which i think is the gpu fan,  sounds like someone took out the GPU, dropped it and put it back in, i also atm have a grands worth of tech that performs like my cell phone.

yeah just hdmi about to try uninstaling and reinstaling the drivers,

i think its def something wrong with the card becasue im running on intergrated now and its smooth with no problems but soon as i try using the card the whole system just become slugish,

he sound becomes all messed up trying to open the start menu is even a big task. i went with alienware becasue i wanted something that would run most games without a fuss but seems so far i payed almost a grand for a internet browser

September 8th, 2012 10:00

what number did you call? all the numbers ive found are always for monday to friday so ive been waiting untill monday to call them lol

32 Posts

i feel you man i have a tech guy calling me tomorrow morning i will update. imo some machines have either faulty gfx cards or as you mentioned have had a rough ride to the UK my black bumpers inside the box also look abit creased

ive just checked my box and the black bumper things that hold the pc in place in the box look abit damaged so im starting to think it had abit of a rough ride from poland, also i tried using vga but still the same im glade iv seen someone else with pretty much the same problem makes me hope that its something simple its just really annoying saving and waiting for something only to have it let u down big time and its the first time ive ever spent this much so its gutting

32 Posts

September 9th, 2012 02:00

0800 279 9751

September 9th, 2012 10:00

thanks for that. I rang and got a pretty nice technician and i was told to try the nvidia driver from the nvidia site and if that dosent work i have to email him and they will send out a tech on tuesday.

After reading others post i can already see that the driver isint going to work tho

32 Posts

September 10th, 2012 00:00

I have a tech calling me this morning to arrange an engineer to come swap out my card, i'll update when i hear from them, i think a faulty batch of cards as there are atleast 5 of us here that got the x51 in the past week and all with same problems

September 10th, 2012 07:00

just spent an hour on the phone to dell and was told its a driver issue for the bios or the card and that swaping the card wont do anything and then i was told they are waiting for an update for the drivers at this point i was pertty mad so ive asked for a refund such a shame to becasue i like the x51

32 Posts

September 10th, 2012 08:00

Get a refund and then just order another man, its not a driver problem that needs to be waited on for a new driver because others have recieved their x51 and are gaming away hard! and besides why would they ship them out not working on games' lol.

I was very blunt on the phone as i know quite abit about computers and also because it cost me £1000 almost, i wasn't gonna swallow an open ended excuse from them.

Anyway the issue is not fully resolved i need to see if the switch of the gfx card is going to totally fix it but atleast now they recognize a problem and are moving to solve it.

Regards

September 10th, 2012 09:00

thats what i was going todo untill i looked on ebuyer and saw the system i wanted before the dell and now its come down in price www.ebuyer.com/369705-cyberpower-squadron-1000-gaming-pc-ecc01114 i think its a safer bet for upgrading later on lol it was awesome owning a alienware for a few days tho

No Events found!