Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2015 03:00

x51r2,alienware audio bugged

ok  so it said I have the realtek 7.1 hd sound built in the mother board, but I have no sound manager from realtek, only pops up this alien ware audio in which has no controls for 7.1 sound, it says I have nothing plugged in, but I use a sdpif/toslink from the system to my Kenwood home theater system which has 7 speakers. the sound manager only gives the option for two channel stereo. if I go to tell alien ware audio to reset it, blue screens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, ran all the dell stuff, nothing changes. I wish I could install my ht claro sound card, at least it worked and I could tailor the sound to my system and have dts dobly prologic,neo plx etc. and getting answer to this problem is like pulling teeth from a shark. about ready to uninstall all this dell alien ware stuff and run straight drivers. I have built my own systems for years, this is the first time I bought a system from a company, I am about ready to give it back and just build me a new system, at least I can get to the bio screen and set it up, this thing you cant get to it either from f2 or from windows 8.1, it only gives you a black screen, nada, and yes I am aware if the fast boot feature. If you have an answer to fixing this sound manager gui I would love to hear it, thank you for your time.

• 

2.7K Posts

July 16th, 2015 07:00

Hello Exedore!

Try uninstalling the audio controller and using the manufacturer's one.

Let us know how it goes!

9 Posts

July 17th, 2015 08:00

I have uninstalled the real tek drivers and went to the realtek site and down loaded the drivers from there, still have the same problem, alien ware audio interface for the sound manager over rides the realtek sound manager if there is one, in the alien ware sound manager, it says to plug in speakers, it shows the sdpif as being used, but the maxx pro area is grayed out, and has no options  for any sound enhancements, if you tell it to reset to factory defaults it blue screens the system. if you look for the exe file in windows either in program files x86  or under system 32 for the maxxpro app, it still brings up a blank maxx pro screen or the same alien ware screen, I can play audio files and dvd's just only in 2 channel stereo, not 7.1 either in 16 bit or 24 bit modes.

• 

2.7K Posts

July 20th, 2015 15:00

I will escalate the case and I will get back to you as soon as I get a possible solution. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 21st, 2015 14:00

Hello,

We believe that the files that you are trying to play are not compatible with  5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. For example, movies in DVD 7.1 compatible format. Your speakers may have a option to set them in 5.1 or 7.1. Can you please confirm how you are connecting your speakers?

9 Posts

July 21st, 2015 22:00

I am running a sdpif/toslink out from the sound card, which I did state I was using, oddly enough when I was running my ht claro in my old system it showed the toslink/sdpif, and I could set each speaker to the environment I was playing it in, it also had the option of 7.1 speaker sound setting in the menu, in which  alien ware audio does not, only gives the option of 2 channel stereo in 16 or 24 bit. the maxx pro feature is greyed out and does not work. now in my old system if I wanted to run the ht claro sound manager I could, or I could default  the realtek driver and use  the real tek sound manager, in which had the option of 7.1 hd. either way I had 7.1 hd  I could use for any audio format I played, not just movies.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 22nd, 2015 17:00

Can you please explain in detail what type of files you are trying to play? For example, are they MP3 music files?

9 Posts

July 22nd, 2015 22:00

multiple dvd's that have 5,1 and 7,1 options, mp3', flac, mp4, which don't change the fact that the realtek menu in the device manager still shows that it will only play 2 channel stereo. in my old system the realtek menu had  the options for 5,1 and 7,1, dobly and dts,, when the signal was sent to the receiver the receiver showed it coming in as 5.1 or 7.1 stereo no mater what type of format I played. the singal this one sends is only stereo 2 channel, no matter what I play be it a cd,dvd, mp3, mp4 flac. and the receiver shows it as only a 2 channel stereo.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 24th, 2015 15:00

Hi, 

It appears like you have tried all of the possible troubleshooting procedures for this problem. Has this ever worked in the past with your Alienware system? The Realtek software may not be compatible with your home theater system. 

9 Posts

July 24th, 2015 22:00

it hasn't worked from the day I got this system, this is the first company built system I have ever bought, I have always built my own systems, and never had this problem, and the realtek drivers and sound manager had always worked in all my other systems from windows 7 on down. I may go and wipe all dell/alienware sound drivers out along with any registry entrees that point to them and see if a straight up  drivers from realtek work with out getting over ridden by prior software. also begin to think it may also be part of window 8.1 fault also with compatibility but I have also ran that on these drivers also.   

No Events found!