Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 8th, 2018 18:00

13 R3, which win10 image to download?

I'm trying to create a recovery media. There are two options to choose from. They are both windows 10 pro, but of different size. What is the difference between the two? 

Here's the dropbox link of my image: https://drive.google.com/openid=1OC52DoTykPb73xvFz7KhNVVhkFGoFbf1

Capture.PNG

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

April 10th, 2018 08:00

I can, and that is indeed strange.  The "display names" of the main Windows 10 versions have always been Home and Pro, never Professional -- although the internal edition codes for those versions are actually Core and Professional.  If no additional details are shown when you select them, then depending on the format of the file you get (I've never used that tool), if you were to download both, you might be able to analyze the Windows image contained within each to learn more about them before choosing one, but I would probably just go with the one that has the correct name and larger size, the latter of which could indicate a newer version of Windows 10 and might therefore save you some time updating.  The alternative would be getting a standard Windows 10 image directly from Microsoft, but that would not come with the drivers and other applications that would have shipped with your system.  The latter could be good or bad, depending on your preferences.  Some people like to start with as clean a slate as possible and install what they actually want even if it takes more time to get to a fully working system, whereas others want their system fully functional as quickly as possible and want the extras like Alienware backgrounds and such.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 14th, 2018 21:00

@Nattttwrote:

@jphughan

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I might go with the larger size version. If would be better if all drivers are included which can saves me a lot of time. 

No, the Dell ISO Images do not contain any drivers.

Your best Windows-10 64bit image is here. Create the flash-drive. If it asks, Install the version that your machine came with initially. It will Activate from the serial-key embedded in your machine's BIOS.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

April 8th, 2018 19:00

Image attachments still don't work properly on this forum, so nobody except Dell reps can see them.  Can you upload the image to some other hosting site like Imgur/Dropbox/Google Drive and then link it here?

10 Posts

April 9th, 2018 19:00

@jphughan

I included a dropbox link of the image. Thank you for letting me know! :)

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

April 9th, 2018 19:00

Hmm, even if I select that I'm not affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, apparently I have to log in to a Box account.  I don't have one and I don't really want to create one.  Can you either post to a public location like Imgur or else describe how you're getting to the Win10 image download page where you're not sure which one to select?

10 Posts

April 10th, 2018 07:00

@jphughan

Sure, it's on google drive now. Do you have access through the link? 

10 Posts

April 10th, 2018 17:00

@jphughan

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I might go with the larger size version. If would be better if all drivers are included which can saves me a lot of time. 

10 Posts

April 15th, 2018 20:00

@Tesla1856 That's exactly what I did! Thanks! 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 15th, 2018 21:00

@Nattttwrote:

@Tesla1856 That's exactly what I did! Thanks! 

You are welcome and good-work on your part.

Grab the proper Alienware Command Center for Laptops (for your exact system) and you should be just about done.

Device Manager should be free of errors.

1 Message

January 7th, 2021 03:00

After longer research....

File Internal Iso timestamp
MVGG5A00_W10x64ROW_pro.iso 2 March 2018
MVGG5A01_W10x64ROW_pro.iso 20 July 2018
MVGG5A03_W10x64ROW_pro.iso 10 April 2019
RNYJ2A00_W10x64ROW_pro_V6.iso 15 July 2017
W52RRA04_W10x64ROW_pro.iso 7 August 2019
W52RRA05_W10x64ROW_pro.iso 18 September 2019
No Events found!