Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 16th, 2018 19:00

acts like Graphics amp is connected when its not

AW 13R3

my AW13r3 acts as if the Grapics amp is connected when it isnt such as on the windows key "menu" power option it does not show sleep as an option and when i go to the AlienAdrenaline real-time performance monitoring no graphics card shows up (unless i am connected to the G. Amp where it shows my gtx 1080) and every time i close the lid it shuts down no matter how short the duration. (i assume that is because it cant "sleep"). (and i know the internal gtx 1060 is running as i have played some games that i know HD 630 cant handle)

can anyone help me with this?  (i would try reinstalling Command Center if someone could link me the download)

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 18th, 2018 12:00

Hi @honestAilen,

Check your power settings and try by changing power plan. 

Also, reinstall the Amplifier driver as well as the Command Center. You can fin the Command Center driver here.

Please check this for more information on how to uninstall and reinstall the Command Center in a proper way. Follow ALL the steps: How to Remove and Reinstall the Alienware Command Center.

Remember that the video driver that needs to be installed is the laptop's video card driver (not the amplifier video card driver). And here is a video that will show you the Amplifier proper setup, just in case Alienware Graphics Amplifier: Setup 

42 Posts

June 17th, 2018 17:00

command center for your particular notebook, not to mention any download for it would be in dell.com/support under that particular product you own, etc... You can run diagnostics there as well for the notebook, guessing you already have done that. 

As for your odd connection issue, are you disconnecting the AGA correctly, and have all the updates to it as well. If I remember correctly the power settings has advance settings, might try to drill down into it and ensure the settings are correct. I also wanna say I have add them reset after an update to windows as well, from time to time. 

I would attempt diagnostics on notebook and drive updates first, then add the AGA and do the same to ensure it has its current updates. Mine would get out of sync from time to time, can tell by the color setting being different, etc. 

Again, not sure what you have tried or not, etc... 

19 Posts

June 18th, 2018 14:00

what power setting should i use (currently use performance) and should i do it with Windows control panel or AlienFusion (does it matter)

and thank you for the tutorial and that is how i have done it for the 8 months I've had the Amp. 

I don't know if it matters but i have a PNY GTX 1080 in the Amp.

No Events found!