Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

February 20th, 2019 17:00

17 R4, mobile connect, no mic

I recently have install mobile connect on my Alienware 17 r4 evrething works but the microphone I tried to troubleshoot but I can’t make the microphone connect to the app. When I answer a call no one can heir me talking. I have updated the Bluetooth and sound also inhale check the mic settings and everything is the way it should. The phone I tried to connect is iPhone 7 Please help with any suggestions on how to fix this thank you

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 21st, 2019 10:00

Hi @Josephbra,

The app will use the built in mic from the PC. No way to change that. So, you need to use the machine's mic to answer calls.

2 Posts

February 21st, 2019 15:00

Hey Eimy thank you for the response ! That is my intention, the problem is that the app is not connecting to my built in mic and I can’t find out why is that. Everytime I answer a call I can hear the person but they can’t hear me. My mic works normal with Skype and other apps but it dose not work the mobile connect

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 26th, 2019 09:00

Check the apps sound settings and set the internal mic as default recording device in audio manager.

Also, you can try by reinstalling the app. 

March 2nd, 2019 14:00

I am having the same issue.  My onboard mic on my area 51m is set to default and is working properly but the alienware mobile connect app is not using it during calls

2 Posts

March 13th, 2019 08:00

Right now everything works, sorry. When I have tried 4th time, it starts work

2 Posts

March 13th, 2019 08:00

I have same issue with my Alienware 17 r5 and iPhone 7, I also have checked with iPhone 6s, and mic didn't work. Please, help.
No Events found!