Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

2 Posts

April 9th, 2020 09:00

17 R4, touchpad bent

See there is a gap in touch pad,  i never drop or broke this laptop, why this is happen ? any solution to this problem? Many thanksSee there is a gap in touch pad, i never drop or broke this laptop, why this is happen ? any solution to this problem? Many thanks

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

April 9th, 2020 10:00

The picture will be available when approved by a moderator. But if you are stating that the touchpad appears to be lifting then that would be a swollen battery symptom. You should open the system and have a look at the battery. If it is indeed swelled then remove it as soon as possible and dispose of it in an eco friendly manner. Leaving it in the system can badly damage the system and it can be unsafe.

EDIT: After looking at the picture, it would certainly seem to indicate that the battery is swelled.

1 Message

June 2nd, 2020 08:00

Mine looks exactly like that too. Its not just the touchpad itself. But its actually the hole area above and on both sides.

best

John

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 2nd, 2020 10:00

The battery has swelled up and should be removed and disposed of ASAP.

Leaving it in the system is a safety hazard - and will destroy the case/keyboard/palmrest/touchpad in short order.

No Events found!