Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2019 10:00

17 R5, AWCC and OCC don't work

My AWCC and OC Controls will not update. Brand new 17 R5 just received yesterday. Every time i start the AWCC it says OC Controls has a update and then errors out when i try to update it. Tried uninstalling it and restarting and it still gives the same error when i attempt to install it.

23 Posts

April 20th, 2019 08:00

This worked for me:
I did the uninstall first using REVO. Then installed everything per instructions. Then uninstalled again using the instructions you linked to above, then installed again. 

Last week I tried doing just the steps at the above link and it did not work. Today by doing it twice, it worked. Thanks!!

1 Message

March 27th, 2019 22:00

Same here, after the huge download it just says it cannot update, this happened after it updated BIOS 1.6.5. So I took a shot gave up on the computer updating itself and went to Dell SUpport and Drivers, downloaded AWCC and OC Controls. AWCC install fine this time, then went to settings and features, uninstalled OC Controls and reinstalled it with the new download. It all works now.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 28th, 2019 07:00

Hi @weezerasu

Make sure you're uninstalling and reinstalling the AWCC in a proper way by following ALL the steps in this article:

https://dell.to/2TIETC4

3 Posts

March 28th, 2019 11:00

so i did the steps in that article. now when i open AWCC i get a notice to update the OC Controls. i click ok and then follow the prompts to install and i get this message in the photo attached

Capture.PNG

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 28th, 2019 12:00

Try uninstalling the AWCC again (following the article), then make sure you don't have any OC Controls files in the system. Open Programs and Features and make sure is not there.

Then, install this version of OC Controls:

https://dell.to/2YAQuqq

And finally install the AWCC with the version I posted before.  

3 Posts

March 30th, 2019 14:00

ok so that worked to get it installed, but now i dont have the ability to change any OC settings or profiles. 

March 31st, 2019 02:00

@weezerasu wrote:

ok so that worked to get it installed, but now i dont have the ability to change any OC settings or profiles. 

Can only OC if your system was intended to.. like the GPU OC or CPU non HQ.

3 Posts

April 1st, 2019 05:00

@Alienware-Eimy Hi there! I have the same problem as the TS. The issue I'm having while following your guide was that I couldn't delete the Alienware Command Center folder in C:\Program Files\Alienware because of AWCC.NetTools.dll and AWCC.Win32.Helper.dll. I tried deleting these two but it says that the files are being used by AWCC.Background.Server.exe, which I have already deleted. Any and all help will be appreciated.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 2nd, 2019 09:00

Hi @pk010302

You can use Revo uninstaller to make sure is removed from Programs & Features, Registry files and your C Drive.

7 Posts

October 19th, 2022 08:00

I'm having the same problems, but I can't get revo to install, just says download failed when I try to get it from their site. I can't get all the alienware files deleted like the dell article says for uninstalling, it says occontrols is using them.

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

October 19th, 2022 09:00

Hi @maxwashl please open Task Manager's Details tab to stop all AWCC processes before using Download Revo Uninstaller Free - Remove unwanted programs easily.  

7 Posts

October 19th, 2022 10:00

Revo failed to download.

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

October 19th, 2022 21:00

Hi @maxwashl that is strange, Revo installs on my Alienware 17 R5 laptop and works. My 17 R5 operating system is Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 21H2. 

What operating system version is installed on your 17 R5 system? 

7 Posts

October 20th, 2022 11:00

It’s dell g7 7700 win 11. I found out that awcc only works properly on the administrator profile and won’t work on mine. It’s currently missing the fx and fusion tabs on my profile. Dell tech support tried for six hours yesterday to try to get it to work and couldn’t. 

No Events found!