Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 23rd, 2021 15:00

17 R5, LOTRO, 77% stuck downloading

Does anyone play LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online)? I got a new hard drive yesterday and am downloading the game. I can't get by 77% of the download? LOTRO forums had nothing that worked. A few people who gave up playing the game. Please help me I have a concert to perform tomorrow and really need my game working.

Thank you!

April 26th, 2021 16:00

Problem solved.
.net framework 3.5 was not installed on the OEM version of Windows that the Dell/Alienware   HD had on it. 
That was part of the issue but not all of it.
Turns out, the wrong drivers were on the OEM Version of Windows as well. So  while  Fevorah got a download speed that was great she got a zero upload, so no back and forth communication.
The Chat tech continued to ask about web browsers when Fevorah tried to explain,  browsers still had nothing to do with it.  After some frustration, she ended the  text chat and called a live tech from Alienware.
The drivers were first attempted to  update, but that didn't do any good as they were the wrong set for the wifi adapter.   The Tech then uninstalled the wrong drivers and put in the proper ones and ta dah! it worked.
Anyone having this issue, try this first.

April 25th, 2021 16:00

Fevorah,  if you see this before we have a chance to chat again and are speaking with your tech could you point them to this message?

To the tech if you are reading this,  (thank you for the help!) 
If you can verify ports on Fevorah's computer are open 9000 through 9100 and 2900 through 2910 UDP.
If you can install .net framework 3.5
If you can install DX Runtime June 2010 ( DirectX runtime https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 Run directx_Jun2010_redist.exe to unpack and then run DXSETUP.exe )
and if this still does not allow Fevorah to proceed past 77% on her verifying installation can you disable the UAC and try again?

Fevorah and I have spent hours working on solutions, this (above) is what we have not yet tried. 

We need a solution. This cannot be ignored as this is the reason Fevorah bought the Alienware. 

April 25th, 2021 16:00

I have been trying to help get Fevorah back and running, however we are not having any luck.

I will give you some background on what has happened.
Monday last week, after some problems with the computer, Alienware tech notified Fevorah that her laptop hard drive was failing,and that they would send a tech with a replacement to install it.

The installation was Thursday, and she now cannot install lord of the rings online.
I must stress this, this is a actual game not a browser game, it installs to the computer, no browser is needed to play. The installation exe downloads and launches, the game client, reaches 77% verifying data and stops. At this point in the process, verification should be done and another server should initiate final game setup. It does not.

I will give you some steps we have tried =
* When she gets to "verifying files" 77%  it stops
* We purged DNS and cycled modem, we downloaded c++ runtime files.
* I think we got the ports opened properly (9000 to 9100 and 2900 to 2910)
* We switched client to German and back to English because someone suggested that as a possible solution
* Other people told us to delete some files in bindat folder and the patches folder
* Since this is a new installation on a new hard drive, that Dell tech installed, there are no bindat or patches folder to work with, they are empty
* We have ran the windows updater to see if that was an issue as well
* We've ran repair, on the game and we've did full uninstall four times and still it gets to 77% and stops

Additional Note, of importance =
* The computer ran the game hours before with no problem as it was not a full hard drive failure
* This Alienware Laptop has had multiple fans replaced, It has had the motherboard replaced, and new ram upgraded as of the same day of the hard drive installation. This computer is only about a year old.

Her old archaic laptop computer which cannot run LOTRO anymore well, can launch the game, play the game (albeit at a snails pace, then crashes due to system overload). So this isn't that there is no internet signal etc etc, in that aspect things should be okay.

I believe there must be something different in the OEM copy of Windows 10 on the system now, from what it was before.

I have read multiple issues on the LOTRO Online forums, with people talking about this, but not having a resolved answer. Not only having this issue, but  a good percentage said they were on an Alienware laptop. 
Through pages of reading; no solution.

We need an answer please. This computer was expensive. The extras added on as of just a couple days ago, were costly. This needs an honest answer as to why.

We both have played LOTRO for about 14 and a half years (we were in the November Beta) and never had an issue like this. Both of us having gone through many different computers over those 14 years.

It is very frustrating, and we need a clear solution please.

We're more than frustrated. If you can point us in the right direction that would help a lot. Any help? I would appreciate that a lot. thank you for your time.

No Events found!