Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

2 Posts

May 26th, 2019 13:00

Alien FX 2.0, lacks advanced lighting options

AlienFX 2.0 no longer allows for the creation of more complex RGB effects, such as a section shifting between green red and yellow, blinking blue twice, and doing it all over again.  Not sure who would want that,, but the point is it used to be possible in the original AlienFX.  I have no idea why Dell removed this, as it is a standard feature in pretty much every mainstream RGB control software.  My hope is that they are working on a new modern UI for an even more in-depth editor, but it is a serious design flaw to force an update to a new software with far less features than the older build.

Either way, in the mean time, what are our options?  There used to be a notable community who would make complex custom lighting schemes and share or even sell them to those who just wanted something cool without all the work.  What do we do now?  I mean heck, even the duel color shift jumps abruptly back to the first color after its smooth fade to the second, making it appear rather tacky.

Has anyone manage to crack the original AlienFX to work on newer hardware?  Are there 3rd Party mods out there for better control of Alienware RGB?  Is there at least any official word that an update to AlienFX 2.0 will soon bring back advanced lighting control again?  Or do we would-be Alienware x RGB enthusiasts just have to sadly sit in our corners and look over at Asus computers longingly?

No Responses!
No Events found!