pch666
Bronze

Alienware 15 R2 1.6.1 BIOS

The new Alienware 15 R2 1.6.1 BIOS update hasn't fixed any of the issues I was having before after doing the 1.4.4 BIOS update (Slow boot times, AlienFX not working correctly, wont shut down, TPM not working in the device manager, I'm gonna guess the graphics amplifier is bust too but I have no way to check this)

What now?

Very unhappy.

26 Replies

Re: Alienware 15 R2 1.6.1 BIOS

**bleep** Alienware and Dell both, after 5 months of crappy dumb bugfull BIOS, This time also they have released this dumb BIOS, which neither fixes the boot ups neither the Shutdowns. And to the height of carelessness their Custmoure care is totally acting unknowingly regarding this issue, as if no such issue exists in their top of the line pricey Machines. I want the answer dell, give me the response that what have you done to fix the issues, within our machine from past 5 months (now going to be 6 months). Their 2K dollars taking up 2-3 minutes to boot up and not even shutting down. The drop in performance is drastic after that 1.4.4 update. And now comes this 1.6.1 update which does nothing for good except worsening it to the extent of decreasing the performance output. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHICH HAS STARTED TO APPEAR AFTER THIS UPDATE IS THAT AT THE START OF THE BOOT NOW MY LAPTOP SHOWS THAT MY BATTERY HAS SUFFERED  PERMANENT FAILURE AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED, AND NOW MY LAPTOP DOESN'T EVEN GIVE ME ANY BATTERY BACKUP. "IT'S **bleep**IN DEAD"I am so fed up with them. I want to throw this machine right in front of them and want a replacement. And when I talked to the custmoure care they say that we should not perform the BIOS update to our machines, then why the heck do they release these updates if they dont want them to be updated. And the most contradictorary thing is that their youtube channel (official one) says that you should keep your machine up to date to the latest update. I MEAN WHAATTTT!!!!????????? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US DELL. And now if you have read all this then, i think so you have realised that how **bleep**ed up I am just because of your carelessness.......

Kous
Copper

i have the same exactly problems. We must sue DELL. i am very dissapointed. I demand a total refund or a replacement of my dell laptop

0 Kudos
Darren889
Bronze

Agreed, this issue has been going on for so long now, just give me another laptop and lets be done with it. it has taken a toll on my battery and not to mention my other hardware from the days I pull it out of my back pack and it is 1000 degrees because it will not turn off!! Alienware enough is enough just give us replacement laptops and lets get over this!

harsh_win8
Bronze

Hi,

can u tell me how did u upgrade your bios because when i try to do it , bios installation file pop up window saying that you pc will restart but  my 17R3 is not even rebooting after updating to  1.4.4 and it stay stucked with blank screen with alienware lights on. so how can i even try this new firmware?

i know there is way via USB but i think that's bit risky

0 Kudos
pch666
Bronze

Yeah it was done via the usb memory stick method,

Download the 1.6.1 update on to your memory stick, reboot and push f12 before the computer boots up, select bios upgrade from that menu, navigate using the tab key to the update, then push enter then use tab to select the correct options. I think theres a YouTube vid explaining better than i am.

Didn't fix anything tho, i wouldnt bother doing it personally.

0 Kudos
ThomasAAT
Silver

The problem seems to go deeper than just a bios update. I really hope dell will address these issues that 1.4.4 brought with it. The thing I find interesting is that some have no problems at all with 1.4.4 (me included), but others have serious issues.  This make it harder to short out the possible reason and a solution. 

Someone mentioned that there is not related to hardware issues, but conflicts between windows and dells bios. And if you use drivers provided by windows update and not the drivers provided from dell to our systems, that can mess up thing even more.  

0 Kudos
Darren889
Bronze

after going to the 1.6.1 bios I rolled back to the 1.3.12 bios and it did solve the slow boot problem but not the no shutdown problem.

0 Kudos
Darren889
Bronze

Also rumor is why some people had more issues (me included) is that they downloaded the first 1.4.4 that dell posted, I was told this bios was for the wrong computer and Dell pulled it from their web page, then later they posted the correct one. Basically they made a mistake and will not own up to it.

Tags (1)
harsh_win8
Bronze

thanx for the reply. if nothing gonna change than i will stay on 1.4.4

DELL  IS  DEAD.

0 Kudos