Highlighted
Laroz220
1 Copper

Alienware 17 R4 keyboard issues. F4 + comma + del fail

Hi

I bought my alienware 17 r4 about a year ago and been using it for some decent gaming since then. The first thing I noticed about the computer was the heating issues. And it has only gotten worse. Some games must be frame capped due to the high GPU temperatures (185.0 F).|
After some time the comma key started to fail intermittenty.. But would start to function properly again after pressing it a few times. I experienced this problem with my last alienware computer as well (m18x r2).. and it never got better. 

Now the comma..F4 and delete key doesn't work at all. I have tried to update the bios and to reinstall/update all drivers. An external keyboard resolves the problem... But I don't want to be dependent on an external one.

I really hope to get some help this time!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Alienware 17 R4 keyboard issues. F4 + comma + del fail

Hi @Laroz220,

If the system is still under warranty, send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can assist you further. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos