Highlighted
Salmolon
Copper

Alienware 17 R4 plugged in, not charging

As the title described, today when I took my Alienware 17 R4 with me for a group meeting, then it showed this "AC adapter was not recognized and the wattage could not be determined" on boot up, again. And the CPU performance will be capped to 0.7GHz maximum. I had this issue since I bought this laptop one and half year ago and it is haunting me all the time. I had my adapter replaced in last year October before the warranty expire and it was fine for a few weeks. Even the technician who came on site said it was a really common issue.The occurrence of this issue is very random but it usually happens when the laptop is unplugged from the adapter and plugged in again. Now I can't even move my laptop because I'm afraid the same issue would happen again.

I like using the Alienware system, but the adapter issue just make it UNUSABLE. This is unacceptable for a top-of-the-line product. Dell, please fix your adapter!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Alienware 17 R4 plugged in, not charging

Hi @Salmolon,

Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review your case. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
chriskourou
Copper

Re: Alienware 17 R4 plugged in, not charging

I have a similar problem too. Firstly, most of the times i use my laptop plugged in. By they way the fact that i cannot remove the battery is too incovinient for me and here's why. When I play games, even old games, at low graphics, my battery is drained with the risk of a shut down. What's more, i now have a flickering problem with the power going up and down and a really really slow charging. Tell me please, what's the meaning of an non-removable battery? If it wasnt, i could just remove it and use the cable like FOR EVER. 

0 Kudos