Highlighted
oldmike1030
Copper

Alienware Update service

Jump to solution

How do I turn off the automatic Alienware Update? Within the last week or so I have gotten alerts to update my PC. This pops up while I am in a game. I really don't want this running when I am in another activity and I certainly don't want it giving me a pop up to update my PC while I am in a game. When I open Alienware update the only options I have are to check and/or install. I want a way to schedule this task, or turn off the auto update feature.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Alienware Update service

Jump to solution

Hi @oldmike1030,

Unfortunately there is no way to schedule this software, but you can uninstall the application. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
ThomasAAT
Silver

Jump to solution

Like Alienware-Eimy says you can uninstall the program. I just have the supportassist installed. This will not promp you to install updates if you set it not to in the settings. 

You can also change the startup type from "Automatic" to "Manual" in services. Bit I rather would uninstall it. 

0 Kudos
oldmike1030
Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks folks.

0 Kudos