4PC
1 Copper

Re: Intel Optane memory Pinning - Alienware Area51m

Jump to solution

Hi, I had exactly the same problem after updating of the last Dell drivers. Now I have removed the Intel Optane app, which was installed with the same date and time as the driver and and my system works OK.

Your advice helped me a lot. Great! Many thanks

0 Kudos
Tebski
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Re: Intel Optane Memory pinning error

When I try to Uninstall "Intel Optane Pinning
Explorer Extensions" I get the following
    "The feature you are trying to use in on a
    CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not
    available.

Insert the 'Intel Optane Pinning Explorer
    Extensions' disk and click OK."

I could sure use another hint.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sparkyspirit
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Resources not available on the network, (of which there is no network) when I try to uninstall, repair or change the Intel optane application in programs and features etc. Any suggestions? BTW, I didn't like the 1903 upgrade, so I instructed windows to go back to the old 1803 system. Yeah, then I started getting the error. Then I read my windows wouldn't be supported after May of 2020 so I decided to go ahead and upgrade again to the 1903 level and the error never went away and still no access to the app in programs and features. I'm running Win 10 Home which I see has a lot of limitations. I tried to get the Optane file and re-install it and it wouldn't let me because I was running the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. So I tried to un-install that and couldn't getting the same message as the optane file, resources unavailable to uninstall OMG! I'm using a Dell Inspiration Laptop!

0 Kudos
meridianrose
1 Copper

Re: Intel Optane memory Pinning - Alienware Area

Jump to solution

This processed worked. Just FYI, I didn't have this problem until after the latest BIOS update. Then all of a sudden it started appearing, just FYI.

0 Kudos
EvgenyLionel
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Intel Optane memory Pinning error (problem with system library iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll)

This problem occurred yesterday (09/28/2019) after installing the update (switching from Windows 10 (1803) to Windows 10 (1903) on my DELL Inspiron 5770-5495 laptop, support DELL Support Assist 3.2.2 ended on 08/05/2019.

To solve this problem in Windows 10 (1903) and on earlier systems, you just need to go to the Program Files folder - Intel - Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Then just copy the given system library iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll (Intel Optane Pinning API, version 17.5.0.1017 or other versions, size 133 Kb), then go to the Windows - System32 folder and paste it there. After this procedure, the Intel Optane Memory Pinning error message will disappear forever. The problem is resolved.

EVLeonf
0 Kudos
EvgenyLionel
1 Copper

Jump to solution

<duplicate>

EVLeonf
0 Kudos
Technogod
1 Copper

Re: Area-51m, Intel Optane memory pinning

Jump to solution

I was unable to uninstall Intel Optane memory Pinning. I downloaded the Dell RST driver installed on my laptop and extracted the files. Ran Intel Optane memory Pinning Uninstall from Add Remove Programs. Pointed Uninstall to ShellPackage.msi located in Drivers\Production\Windows10-x64. I was then able to install latest Intel RST Driver. Intel Optane memory Pinning was also installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tebski
1 Copper

Jump to solution

That did it. Thanks a bunch.

0 Kudos
PaddyBe
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello, after Update same here. (intel optane memory pinning error 0x8007007e).
Change "iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll" from C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology to C:\Program Files\Intel\OptaneShellExtensions. That´s it. No deinstallation needed.

0 Kudos
U2CAMEB4ME
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Dell Community  @PaddyBe 

Why change something that is not needed.

Just uninstall it.

Best regards,

U2

Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Microsoft Registered Partner
Windows Operating System lifecycle fact sheet
Lifecycle begins when released and ends when no longer supported
HP EliteBook 8770w i7-3630QM 32GB
HP ZBook 17 G2 i5-4310M 16GB
0 Kudos