Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

January 22nd, 2018 18:00

Graphics Amplifier intermittently powers off by itself.

I'm not sure what happened with my previous post, but when I log in now, I seem to not be under the same account.  My previous profile is here: https://www.dell.com/community/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3407733.  Same email/password/etc. 

Anyways, I'm reposting the question in hopes of getting back in touch with Alienware-Rodrigo, since I can't see any of the PMs under my previous account.

I'm having an issue where the AGA will simply power itself off. The fans and lights go off. This will happen in the middle of a game, or while doing something non-cpu/gpu intensive. Windows event viewer typically doesn't show any errors, other than a very occasional dwm.exe error, which seems to be windows attempting to recover. I suspect the AGA cable is to blame, or possibly the power supply. Has anyone had a similar problem? I can't find anywhere on Dell's website to order replacement AGA parts.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 23rd, 2018 04:00

Hi cubiclegnome,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your Forum account isn't working correctly, I've asked the admin to look at it and see if it can be resolved.

Anyway, your previous post can be found here.  Hopefully you can get back in touch with @Alienware-Rodrigo to help with this.

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

June 17th, 2021 16:00

I recommend replacing the power supply. I am so sorry you weren’t able to get an answer until now.

No Events found!