Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 3rd, 2019 13:00

m15, Realtek audio effects always on

I just received my new Alienware m15 which is running great except for one thing.  The Realtek audio.  I just installed all the updates from the Dell site for my machine and now, having done nothing to the settings, I'm getting a reverb effect on all the audio.

I went into the Realtek App and none of the effects were turned on, and even resetting everything changed nothing.  The reverb persists.  I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it with no success...the reverb is still there.

I'm at my wits end with this and as I've never had good luck with the Realtek audio system, I don't know what else to try.  Any solutions out there for this issue?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 4th, 2019 16:00

Hi @TymmyD,

You can remove the Realtek drivers and just use the Windows driver.

5 Posts

April 5th, 2019 05:00

Thanks for the reply! I also tried going back to the previous driver which seems to have worked for the time being. I have a feeling the Realtek App is part of the problem as well, but I'm still testing.

44 Posts

April 7th, 2019 13:00

I have the same issue, just uninstall it and go with high def instead.

5 Posts

April 8th, 2019 04:00

I ended up doing just that, Poorya :)

The only problem I had with that approach was that windows was automatically updating the driver to the new Realtek one that was causing the problem.  My solution was to use the Rollback option to get back to the Microsoft driver.  Everything is working and sounding great now!

June 12th, 2019 12:00

How do you get high def?

No Events found!