Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 29th, 2017 12:00

Determining the best Licensing Model for Full Suite Appsync on VMAX AFA with FX

I have customer wishing to upgrade from FX Appsync lite version I order to allow them with use existing appsync servers with 40ks and 10ks to also manage two 950FX.  They only need 50TB of Snapping on 950FXs.  Licensing entire array on both prod and dr side is very costly when well only benefit is single appsync server.  I am confused by FAQ doc for appsync as it refers to Vmax3 options for ordering that are not in vmax afa config store.  I do see in appsync config store that I can lic Vmax3 by LocalRep, TPP, or Reg.....not sure how or which would apply to 950FX.    Advise!!!

3 Posts

August 29th, 2017 14:00

Please reach out to Parasar Kodati

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 29th, 2017 21:00

Hi Brian

LocalRep/TPP/Reg options are not available for VMAX AF. The customer needs to purchase the license for the entire usable capacity. This can be ordered from a VMAX AF Upgrade ordering path. Once you enter the details of their existing VMAX AF, MyQuotes will extract the usable capacity information on the array. Under software you have to click on the toggle button option to upgrade AppSync Basic to Full license. The usable capacity is automatically used to price AppSync, you don't need to enter the capacity manually. Hope this helps

Parasar

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 5th, 2017 13:00

Thank you,  my major concern is the pricing is outrageous to license they entire array @ ~$950.00/TB.  These are 462TB arrays so cost is almost $1M just to have single appsync server between 40k/10k (already licensed) and new 950FXs, plus we are only using ~50TB of snaps max off the 950FXs.  There needs to be a more cost effective way to handle this.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 5th, 2017 23:00

Isnt that the list price.

No Events found!