Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2012 11:00

Limit of objects in a folder

Is there a maximum number of objects that can be put in a folder?

1 Message

January 17th, 2013 00:00

Hello,I want to know this answer too, did you find any information about this? thank you

11 Posts

May 28th, 2013 10:00

Are you using Geodrive? DisXtender? or another front-end file system to talk to Atmos?

We (Seven10) are a long-time partner of EMC's (10+ yrs, 350 shared customers) and may be able to help provide the scalability with Atmos that you are looking for. StorFirst EAS is a massively scalable CIFS/NFS gateway for all sorts of EMC's backend storage types, Atmos being one of them. We have yet to reach our threshold as far as file/directory counts go, as we can support billions upon billions of objects before you would have to consider standing up another instance of StorFirst EAS.

Please let me know if a gateway like ours is something you might be interested in. We are also able to help you tier Atmos with other storage types such as NAS (Isilon), CAS (Centera), Tape/VTL (Data Domain, Spectra Logic, etc...).

Thanks!

Derick

Derick Smith

Seven10 Storage Software

www.Seven10Storage.com

dsmith@seven10storage.com

124 Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

EMC recommends a maximum limit of 64,000 objects that can be created in a

namespace directory. CIFS/NFS directories would be considered namespace directories.

2 Intern

• 

1.4K Posts

June 10th, 2013 05:00

Hi dsmith710

May I know the use cases for a CIFS/NFS gateway?

thanks!

11 Posts

June 10th, 2013 06:00

Hi there,

No problem. Our team has engineered a standard CIFS/NFS gateway file system so that integration with front-end applications and back-end storage is simple, easy and clear.

For those applications that cannot talk to ATMOS REST, they will need a CIFS or NFS presentation to work with the given storage platform (on-premise or off). You also have the flexibility to use our CIFS/NFS gateway file system to tier other storage platforms (NAS, CAS, Tape/VTL, etc) along with file system data movements from legacy storage to new.

Please let me know if you would like to talk about this solution in more detail.

All the best,

Derick

Derick Smith | Channel Sales Manager

Seven10 Storage Software | 60 Island St., Lawrence, MA

O: 978.332.9008 | C: 603.315.6032

www.seven10storage.com

https://www.hpcloud.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/Seven10-Primary-Logo.png

1 Attachment

No Events found!