This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 14th, 2010 19:00

iPhone Client for ATMOS

Hello everyone,

As part of incubation of new product ideas, we have been working on a prototype to protect the user-specific data of an iPhone into EMC ATMOS cloud. I am attaching a presentation that explains the concept as well as a short video on how the prototype works.

Currently protection is provided to the photos and contacts. Once the user provides the UID and secret key for the ATMOS account, these data can be uploaded to the ATMOS by selection. The upload browser will provide an indication on whether a file is already uploaded. In the download browser, user will be provided with a thumb-nail of the photos uploaded.

This application is currently under simulation mode, but is in the process of being tested with the real devices.

We would appreciate any suggestions and feedback on the same. We would also like to know if such an application for protecting data in iPhone is of interest to people.

Thanks,

Anand

2 Attachments

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 17th, 2010 11:00

Yes, it would be an useful App.

I would like to post contents from edge device into cloud to share and protect information.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 22nd, 2010 11:00

Looks cool. Good work and interesting idea, to bring it up on the iPhone.

12 Posts

September 20th, 2010 15:00

When will this support iPhone OS 4.0?

Also, how are you calculating disk usage? I can't find that in the REST Atmos API.

No Events found!