Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2014 08:00

Avamar 6.l1 and Vcenter 5.1

All,

We have upgraded vc to 5.1, after which avamar backups started failing with below error

avvcbimage Error <12015>: Failed to connect to virtual disk XXXXXXXXXXX.vmdk (13) (13) You do not have access rights to this file

after checking the emc blog, placed this flag in dataset [avvcbimage]quiesce_fs=false. From my understanding,it will disable the quiescing of snapshot . Why we need that flag in place and what it does actually

Thanks

6 Posts

October 6th, 2014 15:00

Quiescing has nothing to do with the error that you are receiving.  Since the system was just upgraded, please check to make sure that the account Avamar is using to connect to your vCenter environment has the proper permissions and exists in vCenter.  Refer to the Avamar VMware Guide for more information.  If you are not sure of the permissions, use admin permissions for the vCenter account.  You may need to restart the vCenter connections within the Avamar Admin GUI in the Administration window where you find the Avamar services listed.

62 Posts

October 7th, 2014 00:00

I see the errors even though after restarting vcenter services

And with quiesce_f=false , backup completed,this is happening for win 2008 servers

21 Posts

October 7th, 2014 03:00

Hi,

All Virtual machines start to failed the backup?

62 Posts

October 7th, 2014 03:00

yes

62 Posts

October 7th, 2014 04:00

yes

21 Posts

could you paste the error log everything?

21 Posts

in the GUI go to Administration > services administration > utility node

There you can see the status of the Vcenter it says " All vCenter connections OK." ?

6 Posts

October 7th, 2014 08:00

Okay.  I did some checking and found some new information.  The failure you experienced is indirectly related to quiescing.  The below document provides more information.  I suggest that you follow the recommendations to resolve the problem reading the disk.enableUUID mentioned in the kb article as quiescing (which makes sure the OS is in a good state for backup when the snapshot is taken) is a desirable feature to have working properly.  I would not recommend continuing to leave quiescing disabled.

https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_BreakFix_1?id=kA1700000000Wfz

No Events found!