Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2016 23:00

Avamar Exchange DAG client backup in "waiting-client" status

In my environment, Avamar Exchange DAG client goes to "offline" status frequently thus causing backup to "Waiting-client" state and failing eventually. Whenever there is some issue at Exchange end and services failed over from one server to another, issue pops up. Any one faced same issue and fix for this ??

226 Posts

July 7th, 2016 23:00

You DAG client for Avamar is not setup properly and that is the reason it is not failing over to along with the Exchange Services. Please open a Ticket with Support and they should be able to help you with fixing this error.

July 14th, 2016 22:00

Hi Prakash,

I have already worked with EMC support team and they have tested by simulating to fail over services between 4 nodes. fail over is happening between only two nodes. EMC suggested me to reconfigure DAG client setup.

My doubt here is if DAG client setup is not correctly setup, it should not fail over between two nodes also.

Any suggestions ??

Varaprasad P.V.

226 Posts

July 17th, 2016 22:00

how is the DAG setup, 2 nodes per site or all 4 nodes are present on the same site ? you can reconfigure the DAG client and see if it detects all 4 Nodes in the DAG. Also, try to fail it over to the nodes where it's failing and check the cluster logs for errors.

August 2nd, 2016 23:00

Hi Gautam,

Apologies for late reply.

Yes, we have 2 sites each with 2 exchange servers and i have reconfigured DAG setup with all 4 nodes and waiting for the situation to arise. Even i my earlier setup also DAG client detects all 4 nodes, but unable to failover. 

Will post further updates.

No Events found!