Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2012 11:00

Avamar File Level Restore time out problem

Hi guys,

I am experiencing the following problem:

By making a FLR, Proxy Windows mounts a backup image in c: \ temp.

The point is that sometimes makes the dismount before the restore job have been completed making this process fail.

Is there a setting that indicates how long the backup image remains mounted on the FLR?

Regards.

173 Posts

July 20th, 2012 00:00

Hello,

I would suggest to upgrade Avamar to version 6.1, Axionfs and FLR is there more stable and faster. I know there is variable setting this timeout, but I still suggest upgrade. You don’t need Windows proxy for restores.

Regards

Lukas

53 Posts

July 20th, 2012 09:00

Hi Lucky

What you mean "You don’t need Windows proxy for restores."

Now my scenario is 3 proxy Linux and 1 proxy Windows, that means, the Windows is used for FLR,

Are you saying with version 6.1 in Linux, can be used also as FLR? and will I not use anymore the Windows Proxy?

143 Posts

You are correct.  In 6.1 there is only one type of proxy, a VMware Image Backup/FLR Appliance that can do both backups and FLR.  It is worth upgrading to 6.1.

173 Posts

Correct, but I’m just trying to configure it and I have some issues ☺. In Avamar 6.1, one proxy can backup Windows, Linux and restore both at file level, at least according documentation ;).

Regards

Lukas

27 Posts

Lukas,

We have no plan to upgrade to avamar 6.1 for now. Right now ower version is 6.0.1.66 and it´s working very well.

Can you tell me how to change this time out setting?

Thanks and regards.

27 Posts

December 12th, 2012 12:00

Found a JobTimeoutPeriod parameter within the configuration file c: \ program files \ avs \ bin \ avvmagent.exe.config.

498 Posts

December 12th, 2012 15:00

I recently had this issue.

1) time out

the manual actually says that if it runs more then 60 minutes you can bet it is going to fail

2) FLR for a vm is only intended for a few files - so how much are you trying to restore

I was told anything over a vew meg I need to do a drive restore to some other server and then do a cross mount

or restore to new server and do a cross mount - then drag and drop what I need.

so How much are you trying to restore?

No Events found!