Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 29th, 2014 06:00

Avamar Internal Switches

Hi,

Where can I find the hardware Ports layout for the Internal switches (Gen4s)? All I could find is (Mgmt) port 24 on bottom switch that you supposed to connect to your laptop. and, of course any of the Node's Nic2(eth1)&Nic4(eth3) that are redundantly connected to switch A &B. Is there a scheme design of which ports one supposed to use? i.e. node0 eth1 => to port 0 SwitchA, Node0 eth3 => port0 on SwitchB, etc....?

It might be a newbie question, but I could not find any doc describing this anywhere.  

thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 4th, 2014 14:00

Hi Elid,

you should actually have an EMC IS do this so you will still have support on the grid.

Having said that, the utility node is the first one in the grid (on the bottom of the rack) that will go into port 1 of both switches. (the first port that is.) After that all the storage nodes should be added.

Please take note of the port numbering on the switch as it is imperative to have all ports from 1 to, however many storage nodes you have, in use consecutively otherwise you will get errors on the switch monitoring if there are gaps in the ports that are in use.

hope this answers your question.

Greets,

Jeffrey

Community Manager

• 

6.1K Posts

September 1st, 2014 23:00

Hey,

Maybe you can find some useful information from the thread. Hope this helps!

Avamar hardware documentation

3 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 09:00

although i find this information very helpful, i could not find any information about the internal switches in there.

thanks.

3 Posts

September 7th, 2014 07:00

I found the answer under SolvE (Proc Gen) document for New Gen4s installation. thanks for all the replies.

No Events found!