Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2011 07:00

Avamar session is always expired

Hi everyone,

When I double-click the client icon for Avamar (version 5.0.106.28), it always says:

Your Avamar Desktop/Laptop session has expired.

To start a new session, close your web browser and launch a request from the system tray or Dock icon.     

I've closed my browser and launched the request again, yet I only get the same message again. I checked another thread here with a similar problem, but that solution was to replace dtlt.war, which doesn't seem to be in my install directory, nor does the problem there seem to apply (Windows running a different language than English). I looked in the log files and didn't see anything that looked like an error.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Lee

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 31st, 2011 15:00

An IT person stopped by, uninstalled Avamar and then reinstalled it, and this cleared up the problem. I might have selected an incorrect option when I installed it.

266 Posts

August 8th, 2011 07:00

Hello,

Please check time on your Avamar grid (switch to admin user, load keys, start mapall --all ' date ')

I saw similar issues when avamar grid is not in time sync ... so if this is your issue you need to run "asktime" with dpn account to synt time with your time server ...

regards,

.r

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 8th, 2011 14:00

Thanks, Rej, my time zone was wrong, so I corrected that, and I still get the "session expired" message. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Avamar, and rebooting, hoping that might clear it up after fixing the time zone.

Also, I do not have access to the Avamar server, and I just let it pick a server automatically, so I'm not sure who my server admin might be, even.

Lee

No Events found!