Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2009 08:00

Bakcup listing truncated

The console truncated the backup listing because the maximum number of entries was exceeded. The preference max_backup_nodes in mcclient.xml specifies the limit.

I must change that parameter in mcclient.xml file that suposse to be in Client install path /var but I dont see it, Should I have to create it????? How???

thanks

53 Posts

May 22nd, 2009 14:00

it is located in \avs\administrator\lib on your computer which console is installed.

137 Posts

May 22nd, 2009 14:00

Thanks, I forgot to inform I found it, now the problem stills, I did change the max_backup_nodes variable and the I restart the services. I opened the admin gui and try to do the restore again, but the problem persist including in the error detail the same default value in the variable.

Do you know what else I must do???

1 Message

October 18th, 2010 07:00

I had this same issue to.  It turns out that there is a hard limit of 50k records which cannot be bypassed.  However, what you can do is get the backup number for the files you are trying to restore and run a command from the client to perform the restore:

"C:\Program Files\avs\bin\avtar" -x --id=MCUser --ap= --path=/clients/ --labelnum= --target=" " " "

Be prepared for this to take a while sometimes.

No Events found!