Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2012 13:00

Change name on Avamar Combined Proxy 6.1

Greetings,

I'm trying to change the host name of the Avamar Combined Proxy 6.1.  The host name changes when entering it on the configuration screen but it does not survive a reboot.  It reverts back to localhost.localdom.

Thanks,

Mike

143 Posts

August 7th, 2012 06:00

Have you changed the name of the proxy in DNS (both forward and reverse records)?  If you do an nslookup against the DNS server that the proxy uses for name resolution, do you receive the new name or the old name?

21 Posts

August 7th, 2012 04:00

I have the same problem. If there is no DNS server on the network, after reboot, system changes hostname to localhost.localdom automaticly. you have to change all the hostname and dns settings and hosts file again.

266 Posts

August 7th, 2012 06:00

I had same issue and AFAIK this is is known issue in 6.1.

You could open SR with EMC.

2 Posts

August 7th, 2012 07:00

That is interesting.  I did not create the DNS entries as this was more of a test.  Once I added the entries, the name changed automatically on reboot to the DNS name.  I guess the option to change the name in the settings is a teaser.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

20 Posts

August 9th, 2012 06:00

Yes, I noticed this as well.  You need a PTR record for your Avamar proxy for it's primary (eth0) IP address.  But, I wonder if you can also simply add a hosts entry like:

192.168.1.2    avamarproxy1     avamarproxy1.mydomain.com

2K Posts

August 9th, 2012 07:00

But, I wonder if you can also simply add a hosts entry

I believe this does not work.

1 Message

February 10th, 2015 20:00

Gents , if you find  the dns records ( forward & PTR ) are correct  then the problem is on the VM setting in vcentre  , called Vapps  option   , tick the "disable " option and restart the vm proxy using vcentre ( reboot from inside ssh session will not work )   , what we found was that this option enabled on the this vm proxy was applying the DNS credentials of the vcentre...apparently a bug as quoted by EMC.

No Events found!