Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

132 Posts

March 19th, 2019 09:00

Context for get-ddrindex command during Avamar replication

First of all, apologies in advance for minimal information here - but the forum won't let me post the actual info I want to ask about (for some reason, the process status output text causes the message/post to be marked as spam).

I am seeing multiple old "leftover" ddrmaint processes that appear to be get-ddrindex commands from client replications - there are currently 17 of them still running, all with dates from the first two weeks of this month.

I am also encountering issues with replication jobs queueing now, where previously I was able to have 4 policies running concurrently (after making sure to stagger their start times), with 28 concurrent client replications running at the same time. Now, only two policies start, for 12 clients, and the other 2 policies sit in queue and time out.

Trying to figure out if the leftover get-ddrindex processes are "using up" streams or otherwise interfering with the amount of replication processes I can run concurrently.

Will possibly try to figure out a way to "fool" the forum and post what I can of the process status info without it being flagged as spam.

All comments/feedback appreciated - thanks.

132 Posts

Fingers still crossed - the next section has more variables for the command (and for some reason, another sysdir variable reference):

--hfsport

--encrypt

--encrypt-strength

--logfile

--sysdir

And that's it. Again, apologies for the format, but the forum won't let me post the actual info (it flags it as spam).

132 Posts

Hallelujah - so now that I've finally managed to get the main post up, I will try to post the process info as best as I can.

So, the first part is this, with the expected directory variables, between the ddrmaint and get-ddrindex parts:

root 13120 1 0 Mar01 ? 00:00:00 /usr/local/avamar/bin/ddrmaint.bin < dir variables > get-ddrindex

132 Posts

So far so good - the next section has the following variables and associated values, and which client is involved:

--dpnid

--server

--id

--ap

--conntimeout

--client="/REPLICATE/TN1415-AVAMAR1.US.CHS.NET/P000VMWVCS002.hma.com/Discovery
/TNOVACTRACK_pnQoYwRANQAV800a0CQkNA"

No Events found!