Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

336 Posts

November 12th, 2019 13:00

EMC Backup & Recovery Manager?

Can anyone point me to the current Dell EMC documentation for EMC Backup & Recovery Manager (not to be confused with Dell Backup & Recovery Manager)? I thought it was EOL some time ago but the Avamar 19.1 admin guide still refers to it so now I'm not so sure. But I cannot find current documentation for it anywhere on the main site.

If it is EOL do you know what has replaced it? We have BRM from a long time ago but we're not using it - I'd like to get rid of it if I can, but want to be sure doing so isn't going to impact our environment at all.

Thanks.

January 15th, 2020 10:00

In the same situation here. Did you get an answer?

336 Posts

January 28th, 2020 07:00

Unfortunately no. You?

2 Intern

• 

137 Posts

January 28th, 2020 08:00

We got rid of ours, as it was never used. I think it's EOL, last update was 2015. I believe Data Protection Central is a similar product. (Overview of Avamar, DataDomain and Networker systems)

You might want to check your mcserver.xml file on your Avamar to see if the parameter enableBrmService is still set to true. You can change it to false and restart the mcs.

2K Posts

January 28th, 2020 08:00

BRM is end of service life. It was replaced by MSM which I believe is also end of service life.

The current multi-system management application is Data Protection Central (DPC).

No Events found!