Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2013 14:00

Gen 4 grid installation

I have found the documentation for the Gen 4 single node installation to take you from the moment you rack the system to the actual software implementation, but cannot find documentation on the setup/configuration of an entire grid. Can someone point me to any helpful documentation or a site that they have used that has this information? Thanks!

2K Posts

November 27th, 2013 14:00

Avamar can only be installed by trained and authorized Partners or by EMC Professional Services. If you're an authorized partner, you can find the installation procedures in the Avamar Procedure Generator.

Community Manager

• 

7.1K Posts

November 27th, 2013 22:00

You can download an Avamar Procedure Generator, then you can generate a installation procedure. The premise is that you have the permission.

Hope this helps.

2 Posts

November 29th, 2013 06:00

I have downloaded the Avamar Procedure Generator, but am only given the following procedures:

Avamar Leap Second

Avamar VMware Backups

Avamar WD Firmware Update

VMWare Disk Size Scan Tool Procedure

Is this then implying that I only have the permissions to these procedures, or would the actual system setup procedures be located elsewhere?

2K Posts

November 29th, 2013 07:00

There are two procedure generators for Avamar -- the Avamar Procedure Generator (which is for partners and employees only) and the Avamar Customer Procedure Generator (which is customer facing). It sounds like you have a copy of the Avamar Customer Procedure Generator.

No Events found!