Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2010 14:00

How do you setup DPA to monitor remote replication and the used space in Avamar?

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question. how do i setup DPA to monitor the replication schedules in Avamar (or actually create a report for it), and how do I create a report on the space being used by each replicate group and/or client for avamar on the remote side?

Thanks.

November 23rd, 2010 00:00

Here is a video which gives an overview on how to configure DPA to monitor an Avamar server and refers to other helpful documentation.

https://community.emc.com/videos/1272

17 Posts

November 23rd, 2010 06:00

Thank you...but I actually have DPA already setup with Avamar. I have created reports on the backups, however I can't seem how to create reports on the Replication Status and the Replicate set on the remote node.

December 16th, 2010 12:00

Hi BoB,

Have you looked at the Clone reports? DPA uses the term "clone" to describe NetWorker cloning, Backup Exec cloning, NetBackup duplication, PureDisk replication, and Avamar replication.

You can find these reports by right-clicking on the Avamar utility node in DPA and selecting the following path from the menu: Data Protection -> Clones, then choosing one of the cloning reports.

Hope this helps,

Bob

147 Posts

January 8th, 2011 13:00

BoB wrote:

Thank you...but I actually have DPA already setup with Avamar. I have created reports on the backups, however I can't seem how to create reports on the Replication Status and the Replicate set on the remote node.

Are you saying that you aren't getting replication reports at all? or just on the source but not target grid?

anyway something like this might help in the report editor via the external db source:

SELECT date_part('epoch',completed_ts at time zone 'UTC')::int as completed_timestamp, client_name, bytes_scanned, status_code_summary, error_code_summary, status_code, error_code FROM v_repl_activities WHERE completed_ts at time zone 'UTC' > to_timestamp(@starttime@) AND completed_ts at time zone 'UTC' < to_timestamp(@endtime@)

primary key: completed_timestamp

91 Posts

May 3rd, 2012 09:00

Bob,

I'm looking for this information too. Any chance you could point me to a doc with how to set this up?

It doesn't appear to be in the in Admin Guide????

Thanks

No Events found!