Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2013 11:00

Is it possible to do a selective migration from one primary server to another primary server ?

Scenario : I have 3 Primary servers A , B and C.Capacity of A is 90% and B is 34% and C is 20 %. Each of the servers have their corresponding replication targets(also having capacity issues) .I would like to know if it is possible to migrate data (offload data) from Server A to Server B and C (selective migration) temporarily in order to reduce the capacity on Server A till I get a proper solution in place.

CID conflicts ????

Server A    7.8TB Gen4

Server B    3.3TB Gen3

Server C    3.9TB Gen4   

Can anyone please help ?

2K Posts

The client manager has the ability to migrate clients from one system to another.

If you're having capacity issues, I would recommend getting in touch with support to assess your systems and make recommendations.

2K Posts

The software version is much more important than the hardware generation. Best practice is to replicate from lower version to higher version (though I haven't seen issues going the other way) and we only support a difference of two releases (for example 5.0 to 6.1 would be supported but 4.1 to 6.1 would not).

I would not recommend performing migrations manually unless there is no other alternative.

Support will assist with break-fix activity but does not assist with operational issues. Dealing with capacity issues walks a fine line but they should be able to help you at least assess the state of the system and make recommendations on how to mitigate whatever capacity issues you may be having. They may not be able to assist with the migration itself, it's hard for me to say.

2K Posts

October 1st, 2013 12:00

My pleasure!

23 Posts

October 1st, 2013 12:00

Thank you for your prompt response Ian

No Events found!