Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

November 29th, 2011 07:00

Setting up Bi-directional Replication

I'm trying to setup bi-directional replication between two single node Avamar servers running 6.0 SP1 using a dedicated NIC. The question is am I to use Yast or do I need to use dpnnetutil to set this up and what if I have already installed the AVInstaller program?

Thanks in Advance,

1 Message

December 3rd, 2011 02:00

Hi,

Provided you have both the avamar grids ready with the avmar software, than all you have to do is logon on to the EM of one of the server http://avamar.server/em and click on configure add the second server you want to replicate in the list. Once you are able to see both the intended server in EM than you can setup the replication between these servers by clicking on replicator.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

December 14th, 2011 07:00

Just one caveat to note is that the Avamar server versions may need to be the same or.  With certain combinations of mismatched versions you may experience issues configuring replication using Enterprise Manager. 

Since the EM interface simply takes input and writes the configuration to the /usr/local/avamar/etc/repl_cron.cfg files on the Avamar utility nodes you also have the option of editing those files directly.

No Events found!