Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

January 23rd, 2013 09:00

Transferring Client to another Grid

Hello,

We have 2 Avamar Grids running 6.1.0-402 and setup to replicate all client data between the 2 Grids.

What we want to do is test apart of our disaster recovery testing, how do we recover the clients and data from Grid A if it was offline. I see in Avamar administrator that I can go into "Backup and Restore" on Grid B, Restore, browse to REPLICATE - Grid A - Clients - Client1, and restore the data to another computer, but is there a way to Migrate the client from Grid A to Grid B, then install the client pointing to Grid B with the same computer name to gain access/ownership to all of the user data? I do not seem to see any documentation how to do this, or any way in Avamar Administrator. If I go into Administration - and browse to the replicated client and right click on it, Move is grey-ed out.

Thank you

January 28th, 2013 06:00

Not 100's on what you want to do but to move a client, use the client manager located inside of Enterprise manager.

70 Posts

January 30th, 2013 20:00

You can register a client with both grids however it can only be activated with one at a time.  We run a simiar setup and what I do is register the client with each grid (to create the client account) then activate the cleint with whichever grid I need from the GUI for the agent on the client.

So for operational times we have it activated against our production grid and if we wanted to restore from \REPLICATE\... I would switch the client agent to be activated on the secondary grid which would allow restoration to the client from the secondary grid.

5 Posts

January 31st, 2013 06:00

Thank you to both of you. That helps.

No Events found!