Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 18th, 2018 05:00

Dell PowerEdge M1000e

Dear all,

i have dell PowerEdge M1000e chassis with 8 PowerEdgeM610 and 8 PowerEdgeM610 so i have updated he firmware to 9 610 but not all .

My queries are :-

1)PowerEdgeM610 is giving health error critical but everything is working fine on the server i have cleared logs both idrac and hardware but not able to resolve 

2)also the chassis kvm is asking for a password but i have set none and also resetted the same but not able to have access to the kvm both front and back 

3)currently the chassis ramp up the fans suddenly and all links are flapping on one of the Ethernet switches ...seen on the switch it is connected on.

Please help for the above queries .... 

• 

6.2K Posts

July 18th, 2018 10:00

Hello

There are several possible issues that can cause a health critical error. More information should be listed in the logs. If you are not seeing any messages in the logs about the error then run diagnostics to try to force an error. If there are no errors reported in the logs then it may be an issue of firmware being out of date.

Setup and configuration information for the CMC should be listed on the M1000e support page. The initial setup and default user/pass should be in the guides and manuals.

http://www.dell.com/support/

The chassis fans are controlled by the iDRAC and CMC working together. If the iDRAC or CMC are having issues it can cause erratic fan speeds, or the fan speeds may run at maximum RPM.

Thanks

July 18th, 2018 22:00

also the chassis kvm is asking for a password but i have set none and also resetted the same but not able to have access to the kvm both front and back  ...please reply for this also

• 

6.2K Posts

July 19th, 2018 08:00

What do you mean by KVM? Are you referring tot he CMC? If you are not referring to the CMC then post the model of the KVM.

No Events found!