Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2014 01:00

Dell m1000e - M8024-k, only one blade connected?

Hello Everyone

I got a Dell m1000e blade chassis with 5 blades.

Additionally, module A1 and module A2 are setup with two M8024-k switches.

The switch module A2 runs in simple mode (SSM) is connected with the corporate LAN over one uplink on Te 1/1/1.

Unfortunately, only the the port Te 1/0/1 is marked as up. All the other blades cant establish a working link to the switch module. Alle blades are powered on.

And here the port state of the port 09 (i have a powered on blade in slot - 09)

I tried to reconfigure the LAG in the advanced mode over the webinterface and over a telnet session without success.

Any idea why the oder blades dont have the uplink on the module established?

• 

8.7K Posts

March 11th, 2014 11:00

Hi,

What model blades are in the chassis? Are they all the same configuration? Which NICs are in the blades? Have you tried reseating the blades or the switches? What OS are the blades running? What does the NIC state on the blade? Is this a new install or are you upgrading the switches from something else?

March 12th, 2014 01:00

Hi

All blades are PowerEdge M710HD. we have 5 pieces in the blade chassis

slot 1 - centos operating system installed

slot 9 - centos operating system installed

slot 2,3,10 - no operating system installed

the 2 blades with centos have both interfaces configured with a static ip and the interface is brought up during start. I did reset the switch in module a2 but without success.

• 

8.7K Posts

March 12th, 2014 08:00

Which NICs are in the servers? The Broadcom 57712-k or the qlogic clom2214? Can you enable logging in putty and ssh to the CMC CLI and run the commands racdump and dumplogs and email me the output? xxxx@dell.com and we ccan see if there are any errors showing up.

March 12th, 2014 09:00

Sorry. I forgot to add the NIC detais. Each blade has the Broadcom NIC installed.

I just send you the ouput of both commands to your email adress.

92 Posts

April 2nd, 2014 08:00

Did you ever get this figured out?  If so can you post what the resolution was so other can benefit from it?  If this is still an issue, can you send me screenshots of each blade config from the M1000e console?  The page that shows what NIC is connected to each fabric (A, B or C)?

No Events found!