Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 15th, 2010 06:00

Disabling cache on array [NoPoll]

From what i read in some docs that while querying the array using CLI, one can use -np [NoPoll] to increase the performance.

CLI will return the cached data with this option. I have few queries:

A) Is the cache enabled by default? Can it be disabled too?

B) If the cache is disabled on the array, how will the CLI invoke work with -np option? What errors we get?

Thanks in Advance.

--Ashit

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

I don’t think it has anything to do with array cache

emc176825

542 Posts

As for your first question,  Array cache is not enabled by default.  you must set the values for read/write and then check the box to enable it.  It can also be disabled if needed.   All that can be done from the Cache & Memory tabs under properties of the array.

Sorry that i cant answer your second question since i havent used that option with CLI

Hope this helps

40 Posts

Thanks.

So here is what i did:

Properties->Cache: Unchecked Read/Write the boxes to disable the cache

Properties->Memory: Reset all the Cache values to 0 MB.

But i still get the CLI output with -np option.

I was expecting to get some error message in CLI output when i disbaled the cache.

May be i am missing something.

40 Posts

Ok. So how to do we administer it? To enable -np option and disable it.

The reason i am asking is that i want to use -np option while executing the CLI and if somehow it is disabled then my aim is to know the exact error message returned in CLI output.

June 15th, 2010 08:00

Ashit,

It sounds like you are confusing 'cached' data returned from CLI commands (using the -np option), with array global r/w cache.  The two have nothing to do with each other.  You will get the same results using the -np switch whether global cache is enabled or not.  The 'cached' data refers to the fact that the CLI command (using the -np switch) will not poll the array first, but will use object data from the last previously run poll, as dynamox indicated with Primus solution emc176825.  Hope this clears it up for you.

No Events found!